Thursday, May 10, 2007

Wedding Bells

Well, my baby is getting married in two days! Luke is marrying Juliana Stevens in Little Rock Saturday night. Juliana is the daughter of long time friends Steve and Kathy Stevens. Jan and I feel so blessed that Luke found what we have been praying for all along........a fine Christian woman to be his wife and the mother of our grandchildren. We couldn't be happier! Luke and Juliana are going to live in Memphis, where he will work for the accounting firm of Ernst & Young and she will be a public school teacher. Yeah, BOTH of my boys will be in Memphis, which we count as another blessing. I'm glad also that their Uncle Bryan is there close by in Bartlett.

So far, I think I have handled pretty well all the emotions and stresses that come with the wedding of a child........but who knows what Saturday night holds?!?! :)
My good friend Mike Cope, who also just happens to be Steve's cousin, will perform the wedding. As you can guess, I am thrilled about that also. Mike was the first preacher of Luke's life, and now he is doing Luke's wedding. Luke and Megan were in the same Sunday school class when Mike and Diane were here in Searcy.

So, I would appreciate your prayers for everybody involved, but especially Luke and Juliana. I will try and post some pics of the wedding at some point. Hey, miracles still happen! :) Please remember my dad also, as he is not going to be able to attend for health reasons. I know not being able to come will be hard on him.

CONGRATS LUKE AND JULIANA!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Donna G said...

I will be praying for all the Underwood guys (and gals).

I am sure it will be a blessed occasion.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger David U said...

Thanks Donna!

DU

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

I've married one away. It's not easy. Now, it was a daughter which may be different than a son. But it's still not easy. I was to give the blessing at Meredith's wedding and I opened my mouth and nothing came out. I stood there stupidly for (it seemed to me a long minute, it was probably 10 seconds) a little while. Finally, I was able to speak, my I saw the tears in my little girl's eyes as I spoke. It's great, though. You just add to your family. You'll do fine. JW P.S. It was great to spend time with you at PU!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

Sorry, I didn't proofread. You know what I mean.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger David U said...

Thanks Jim.....it was great to see you again also. I am sure you did great at Meredith's wedding. Sorry I missed it!

DU

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Dude, I'm high on your boys. They are salt of the earth...just like their mom. It will be a wonderful night to witness. It brings "terus to my eyes" thinking about young 'Cool Hand Luke' standing at the alter. I have fond memories of Luke and my Laura being classmates and cutting up. They are great friends. God bless you and your family brother. A night to remember fo sho. Sorry your good father can't attend. He'll be there in spirit.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Keith said...

I meant 'altar' so hush!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

Congratulations to you all! What an exciting time.

Some times I think everybody in the CofC are cousins--really--in addition to being brothers and sisters. Now your son with be a cousin-in-law of Mike Cope!

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought weddings were only traumatic for the bride...

Wish your dad could be there.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger annie said...

I'm thinking about y'all, & know you'll have so much fun, though it will go by SO fast!!

See you tomorrow as the countdown begins! Lots of Love!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger LET said...

I don't know your Luke, but I do know that Julianna is a very sweet and smart girl from a wonderful family. We attended PV with them when we lived in LR, I taught her at CAC when she was in 8th grade, and Steve (her dad) was one of my Bible class teachers. Okay, now I feel old. :-)
Good luck with the wedding!
Laura

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

It was great seeing you today! Blessings tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home