Thursday, April 05, 2007

Harmony Part II

Thanks for all the songs with great harmony! It was fun to see which ones you enjoy listening to. I still don't think we exhausted the list, so feel free to continue adding songs.

Let's go a different direction for just a little bit. If harmony is one of the most beautiful sounds there is, then what are some of the most unpleasant sounds? I'll go ahead and mention what a lot of people think of first.........the ole finger nails down the chalkboard, right? UGH! Does that make your skin crawl like it does me? Remember the part in "Dumb and Dumber" where Lloyd does that annoying sound for the Mafia guy? It WAS pretty annoying, but also hilarious! What are some other sounds that we can't stand to hear? This should be interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who know my dad, he turned 79 yesterday. He is pretty much bed-bound, so he would love to get any belated birthday cards or communication of ANY kind. His address is:

2004 Saxton Drive
Florence, Alabama 35630

I drove over and suprised him yesterday, and took an old friend of his with me...........Eddie Davis from Memphis. Dad had impacted Eddie's life as a teenager, and I thought that would be a neat reunion and present for Dad. It was!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Easter weekend, so you know what that means for us Harding folks...............SPRING SING!
I hope many of you can attend this year. Our students will blow you away with their talent and creativity. It's also the only time you can watch them dance legally. :) Campus is beautiful as always this time of year. I get to play in a President's Council golf tournament tomorrow at Red Apple resort in Heber. I think I better bundle up! I hope it doesn't effect my 45 handicap very much. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rick Atchley weekend at Downtown is less than a month away. We are prayerful and excited to see what God is going to do thru Rick that weekend. As you might expect, Downtown is taking some shots............but we have AWESOME Shepherds who have a passion for the Gospel instead of church politics.

HAPPY EASTER to all!

14 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger dutro said...

When we lived in the Wolflin district in Amarillo, the old elm trees would fill each summer, all summer long, with locusts which made the most annoying high-pitched whine. They would get in chorus with each other, and the sound would come in waves. These weren't the pleasant cricket sounds you hear around most of the mid-west and south, these were crickets on steroids. It finally got to where you tuned it out and didn't notice it much, but when you occasionally really listened to it, it was pretty torturous, and hard to go back to your happy place.

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate birds singing in the morning and I hate the sound of someone clipping their nails. There was a guy at Wood Avenue in Florence that did that EVERY Sunday morning!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger David U said...

T, you HATE birds singing in the morning? Cullman must have some tone deaf birds or something.

Do you hate sunsets also? :)

DU

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Keith said...

That was a nice b-day gift for your Dad. Hope he continues to improve. I hate the sound made when someone tries to start their car and its already running! Been there...a little embarrasing. Looking forward to R.Atchley. Will be a good primer for Pepperdine. "Harry...I took care of it..."

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

Hey, David. I was going to come down for Spring Sing, but had to do a memorial service today. My wife and son and his friend should be nearly there as I write this. Bummer. I would love to see you again. I'll just have to wait until Pepperdine. Which, by the way, I've noticed you've not said anything about lately.

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... I hate the mockingbird that squawks outside my window at 5:00 a.m.

No... I just don't like birds - I'm not going to lie about it.

Love sunsets...

How did I forget to mention that I don't like thunder?

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Rick I said hello and tell your elders I am proud of them.

As for sounds... Scooby the Wonder Parrot has an alarm call (as do all parrots) when her flock leaves the room. Parrot's only defense is togetherness so they squawk loudly to bring the flock back together.

One time I had company who asked why my parrot was yelling so loud. I said, "She is just telling us to get the flock back in there."

Oh dear. I'll never live that down.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Patrick! You are funny.

I hate the sound of the alarm clock...any alarm clock...I love to sleep in the morning. Now the birds just sing me back to sleep (really Terri, I don't think I would have told that!) I also hate hearing a phone ring when I am in a restaurant....any phone...especially theirs!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

I'm not really a car guy, but I hate hearing any kind of squeal, grunt, thud, grind or whump that says "this car is the victim of automotive neglect and cruelty."

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go along with Keith Brenton on his. Since I am inept at car repair, any of that sound sinks my ears...and my heart...and my checkbook. But the sound of The Carpenters...ah, what glorious harmony. No on mentioned them, did they?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger David U said...

Kudos to Craig for remembering the Carpenters.....albeit late. Thanks Johnny! :)

DU

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dryer buzz, especially when I'm standing right there hanging up clothes.

"Today's sermon will be a little longer than usual..."

The squeal of tires followed by the crunch of bumpers. Heard that last Saturday morning while sitting at Midnight Oil.

The sound of moaning from all my Razorback friends when Dana Altman said, "What was I thinking."

That really irritating "Anything you can do I can do better" commercial.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors handbags on sale
Michael Kors Factory Outlet
michael kors purses
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet online store 49.00 outlet
michael kors sale
jordan shoes
jordans shoes
jordans 11
kobe shoes
nike air max thea
nike outlet
nike free trainer 5.0
nike free 3.0
Red Bottom Shoes
christian louboutin online
mbt usa
Buy mbt shoes online
fitflops sandals
fitflop sale
www.2016nikeairhuaraches.com
Kobe 9 Elite
christian louboutin 2016
christian louboutin shoes
cheap jordans for sale
jordans 2016
new jordans
Jordan Retro 8 Concord
coach outlet online
online outlet stores
Michael Kors Online Outlet
Michael Kors Store
michael kors bag

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Obat Penyakit Crohn said...

This article is interesting and useful. Thank you for sharing. And let me share an article about health that God willing will be very useful. Thank you :)

Pengobatan Sakit Pinggang secara Cepat & Efektif
Penyebab Sering Nyeri Ulu Hati
Solusi untuk Menanggulangi Osteoporosis
Vitamin Penguat Tulang dan sendi
Cara Mengobati Abses Payudara Tanpa Operasi
Cara Menyembuhkan DBD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home