Thursday, March 01, 2007

"the New York Times said God is Dead"

Remember that line from Elton John's song "Levon"? I researched that a little, and I am not sure it ever happened......"it" being the NY Times running a headline like that. Time magazine did have these words on the cover of it's April 8th, 1966 issue: Is God Dead?

I guess the image of that cover and the lyrics to the song came to mind because of all the hubub
and hype surrounding the news of James Cameron's declaration that the remains of Jesus have been discovered. Here is my prediction...........there will be MORE people celebrating Easter this year than any year in recent history! Truth loves the light, so I hope the spot-lights keep shining. I don't like untruths being told, but I DO like the attention Jesus is getting. I hope that this ends up being a wonderful opportunity for evangelism, and the Gospel to be shared.

----------------------------------------------------------

This past weekend I was blessed to be able to attend a "Sexual Addiction" workshop we had at Downtown. Some of the presenters were Robert Channing, Jon Shelton, Lee Fouts, and Curt Baker. WOW! The witnessing these men did to the power of God was AWESOME!!! I wish we could have had more men there, and we plan on doing more of these in the future..... so those who didn't attend this one will have the chance to attend one later on. It was VERY humbling to sit at the feet of these Godly men as they shared their heart. It was a weekend I'll not soon forget.

---------------------------------------------------------

Headed to Kansas next week. Lots of good folks in the heartland and breadbasket of our nation! I like to get in and out of there before the prime tornado season hits. Of course, living in Arkansas is not exactly the safest spot on the earth either. With the dangers of tornado season comes the beautiful Spring weather, and the flowers & trees budding with new life! I've said it many times before, but if there is a more lovelier campus in springtime than Harding's, I want to see it. This place looks like something out of Disney World in the spring! I never get tired of seeing dogwoods. What are your favorite plants or trees to see coming to life in the spring?

---------------------------------------------------------

2 months................TWO MONTHS! Two months from today I will be getting on a plane with several other guys to head to the 2007 Pepperdine Lectures. Why don't you plan on meeting us in Malibu? If you EVER go once, you won't miss another one. Just ask Keith Riley or Charles and Nannette Roberts. Like Ken Cope said: It's the closest thing to heaven I can imagine!

----------------------------------------------------------

I have recently listened to a sermon by Chris Smith from the Harpeth Hills congregation in Nashville. The sermon was from the January 21st morning worship service. The title of the lesson is "Whoever Is Not Against Us Is For Us", taken from the words of Jesus in Mark 9. Call the church office there and order the CD TODAY!!! If it doesn't bless you, send me your receipt and I will pay for your CD. Is that a deal or what?

5 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy who is behind the Jesus tomb story is the same one who pushed other fake documentaries (such as the ossuary of James). The archaeologist who uncovered these graves with him has denounced the film's producer as "pimping" a false view of what they found. I predict a quick death of this story.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Pepperdine is GREAT. I will be there too.

John Mark Hicks and I will be doing on Tuesday, Wed & Thur after the evening keynote. Jerry always saves the best for last, :-)

Maybe we can run into each other.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger David U said...

Bobby, I will make it a point to find you during the week. Thanks for stopping by, brother!

DU

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger James E. Miller said...

David,

I have never been to Pepperdine, but you and so many of my other friends have said such wonderful things about it.

I'm going to have to make the trip - not this year, but soon.

Blessings.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

nike tn
cheap nike shoes
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
oakley sunglasses wholesale
nike air max 90
ugg boots
jordan 4
michael kors handbags
true religion outlet
2017.6.14

 

Post a Comment

<< Home