Monday, April 09, 2007

Herr Zeller

No, I'm not thru with the "Harmony" theme. I promise to get back to it by the end of the week.
As if all 5 of you are sitting on the edge of your seat! :) Whatever.

Do you ever get tired of watching "The Sound of Music"? I still remember the first time I saw it............the Paramount Theater in Memphis in 1965, just before we left to go to Nigeria. Why am I bringing it up? It was on "ABC Family Network" over the Easter weekend, and I watched it once completely and caught scenes several other times. If you are between your mid to late 40's and 100, you probably can just about quote every line in the movie. I usually am not a fan of musicals, but this movie is part of my DNA.......and the DNA of America. At a time when things weren't going so good, we needed a feel-good movie. It was a small reprieve, but at least it WAS one. I'm glad we couldn't see what the next 5 or 6 years held for us........gracious.
So call me sappy, call me a wuss..............but I LOVE "The Sound of Music"! Hey, I guess this DOES go along with my "Harmony" theme after all.

Do you remember Herr Zeller in the movie? He reminds me of some authoritarian church leaders I have known. :) No, you're not getting any names...............but you know them too.
Speaking of DNA, sadly they are a part of our fellowship's DNA. It's not just our fellowship, it's everybody's fellowship. They were there in the Gospels. I guess like the poor, they will always be with us. Ahh, all we have to do is think of our favorite things, start singing..........and then we don't feel so bad.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope your Easter service was as powerful as our midnight service at Downtown! AWESOME!
We had around 2,500 folks worship with us at DT this weekend..................what a blessing. Now it's the backstretch getting ready for Rick Atchley to be with us. We are expecting another big turn-out for that weekend. I just hope everybody's motive will be pure for coming. Am I wishing for too much? Sure hope not.

8 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So long, farewell, it's time to bid adieu. Adieu, adieu to you and you and you-hoo (I can't type with an Austrian accent)

I watched part of it yesterday, too.

I'm not completely evil. I just prefer Julie Andrews' singing to bird singing.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

That movie is still one of my favs ever!
We have to share Atchley? When is that?

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Sound of Music is definitely an all-time favorite. I had it on VHS when I was little, and I watched it at least once per week. Oh yeah, and my other favorite was Swiss Family Robinson. I had them both on the same tape, and watched them back to back.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

Hi, David! Yes, we've been Arkansans since August. My husband is the youth minister at Little Rock Church. We have been to Searcy several times to see our good friends Tod and Jan Traughber, who I believe go to your church. Leaving TX was rough but God knew what he was doing!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger David U said...

Deana, I love the folks at Little Rock church! Lot of Harding alums there. Let me know the next time you are headed our way.

DU

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Second movie I remember seeing at the big screen theater. First was Bambi, and the scars still run deep. Pure motives huh...! Touchee!

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom has instilled the love of the "old" movies to my girls. They really enjoy "The Sound of Music". In fact, before our DVD messed up they would ask to watch it at least 3 times a week. I am glad NaNa does these things! It is fun too, because Andrew has not seen many of the classics...so he is getting an education as well!

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

michael kors handbags wholesale
fitflops sale clearance
ugg boots
nike store
cheap nike shoes
instyler max
michael kors handbags
kate spade
cheap uggs
titans jersey
2017.6.15

 

Post a Comment

<< Home