Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This is Why I Love Bobby Garner

Many of you know Bobby and Candice Garner, who are presently serving as missionaries to Jinja, Uganda. Bobby was at Harding with Matt and Luke, and they have been with us at Downtown up until they left this winter for Africa. For those of you who know them, it will come as no surprise to you to hear that they are blessing the lives of the Ugandan people TREMENDOUSLY!! I still miss them, and Lord willing, Matt and I are going to go over there next summer to visit for 10 days or so. Please keep them and their mission in your prayers.

I got this message from Bobby today. This helps me remember why I love him:


"Today I climbed a steep hill in Nakalongo after meeting with the community about some project ideas. On the way up the hill we met two families of baboons! It's pretty cool to be a few kilometers from the Nile River, hanging out with baboons, and realizing that I LIVE here! On the way back down, I met an old Ugandan farmer. I greeted him in Lusoga, and he responded in perfect british english, "Do you know Mark Moore from America?" The guy had seen Mark climb the mountain several other times and thought that he might be with me! I think I'm always going to be living it that guys' shadow!"


Bobby, that's not a bad shadow to follow. But my take is you are already casting your own shadow for the Lord in Uganda........and that shadow will only increase as you bless more and more people.

I love you and Candice VERY much!!!

4 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I climbed that Mt with my dad one time. Bobby, did you know that Idi Amin built that old tower on top and his helecopter came and landed there and everyone was so excited. When I climbed one time an old man told me he was there to see Amin and he said, "The bird came and fell right here" Bird,(enoni) being his best word he could summon for helecopter.

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marnie!

The kids that climbed with us were telling me something about Amin wanting to put a radio tower on top of the mountain, but that's about all I could get from the conversation.

For the record, one of the little boys had the use of only one leg (due to Polio) and a stick in his opposite hand. The kid beat me to the top, giggling at my ineptitude most of the way up.

David, thanks for generous compliments. Maybe I can live up to a few of the someday! Candice and I are really excited about you all getting here!

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son in law and daughter just got back from Jinja. They loved it. Become facebook friends with Kara or go to her blog to see some of their photos.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

mulberry outlet,mulberry handbags outlet
prada outlet online
ferragamo outlet
coach outlet online
chanel outlet store
kate spade uk outlet
black friday 2015
ralph lauren outlet
discount ugg boots
cheap football shirts
lebron shoes
discount oakley sunglasses
polo shirts
kobe bryants shoes
designer handbags,handbags outlet,cheap handbags,purses and handbags,wholesale handbags,designer bags,bags outlet,handbags wholesale,cheap purses,discount handbags,handbags sale,wholesale purses,handbags and purses,designer purses
ugg boots sale
rolex watches
moncler jackets
oakley sunglasses wholesale
nike foamposite
mm1223

 

Post a Comment

<< Home