Thursday, July 03, 2008

Happy 4th!

The 4th of July is upon us! I hope all of you enjoy this wonderful holiday. I think the thing I like best about ALL holidays is the fact that it brings families together. Matt and Liz are coming this evening for a couple of days, and we hope to get to see Luke and Juliana also. Be safe with the bottle rockets!! :)

May God continue to bless our great nation, as he continues to bless many other nations also. I am proud to be an American. I hope those from other nations are proud to be citizens of their country also. Most of all, I am proud (in the right kind of way) to be a disciple and believer of Jesus the Christ.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In his first novel, "A Time to Kill", John Grisham attacked racism by having an attorney ask a jury how they would respond to a little girl getting raped and beaten and left for dead...........if she were white instead of black. It was the turning point in the trial. Today, people are asking the same questions about a political situation in Africa.....except the other way around. What if Robert Mugabe were white? Read these two columns and give me your feedback.

http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/traps/2008/06/11/what-if-robert-mugabe-was-white/

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/opinion/29kristof.html?scp=9&sq=&st=nyt