Friday, June 20, 2008

Hit the Road, Jack

I am hitting the road next week.........Edmond and Tulsa. As always, as I return home I will be reflecting on how blessed I was to get to spend time with these wonderful disciples that I see each trip! You folks in Edmond need to be watching the weather channel because it seems every time I come over there I run into ice, sleet, hail, thunderstorms, tornadoes, or flooding. If we get any of those first 3, start looking towards the Heavens and listening for some trumpet sounds! :) Anyway, I won't be posting for a week or so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so glad Mike plugged "same kind of different as me" on his blog! It was written by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It's the BEST book I have read all year....and second place is still on the back stretch. GREAT BOOK! I got a used copy off of Amazon. I am an Amazon junkie. Anybody else relate?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph and Mary Katur from Kenya are going to be in Searcy this weekend and some of next week. Wanta talk about some giants in the faith! I was only with them for 3 days last November, and they impacted me greatly. Because of their efforts and a few others, hundreds of kids are able to receive a Christian education at the Marianne School in Kapsabet, Kenya. I LOVE MARY AND JOSEPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Adam Gonnerman said...

I added that book to my Amazon shopping cart on Mike's recommendation. I'll order it and The Shack (a lot of good buzz there as well) next month when I place my next order. I also have that new book, "One Church," in there as well. I haven't bought a Stone-Campbell book for several years, so I hope it's good.

Have a safe trip.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have been discussing "labels" over at Royce's place, and here you came up with one I haven't heard, and don't understand, "giants in the faith!" how do you become a giant in God's view, and how do you get "in" the faith?

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger lamiss ibrahim said...


I definitely love this site.
https://movingfurnitureservices.blogspot.com/
https://www.strikingly.com/s/sites/11742735/preview?mode=seamless
https://sites.google.com/site/prokrservices/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home