Thursday, May 22, 2008

Bruxy Cavey

No, I had never heard of him either............until Jerry Morgan turned me on to him. Cavey has written a book with the title "The End of Religion: Encountering the Subversive Spirituality of Jesus". Jerry was reading it while we were at the Pepperdine Bible lectures, and suggested that I check it out. I'm always going to pick up anything Jerry advocates, so I ordered it off of Amazon. And I am SO glad that I did! WOW! If you get a chance, go to Amazon or your favorite bookstore like Mardells and get you a copy. He verbalized some things that I have been feeling for several years now. Let me know what you think!

--------------------------------------------------------------

I was in Tulsa all week, hence the no posting. I really love Tulsa, especially because of all the HU alums and friends of HU that we have up there. I was able to spend some time with Greg Taylor, and he told me some wonderful stories of how God is moving in their community and how the body of believers at Garnett is growing in the Lord. If you get a chance to check out their web page, please visit it. I love the way they are reaching out to the folks in their area of Tulsa......and beyond. Love you Greg and Jill!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh........Memorial Day! What do you think of when you reflect on past Memorial Days? I think of chasing a greased pig out at Underwood ball field with Corky Berry and Robert Burch on that day in 1975. I think of cookouts, and baseball games. I remember family get-togethers. I see it as the start of summer, although it was already above 90 degrees one day this past week in Tulsa! YUCK! But most Memorial Days are nice because it HASN'T gotten so HOT yet. Finally, I think of my relatives who have served in the military. THANKS TO ALL OUR VETERANS!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

This is going to come across as bragging, but ask Jan.............I said 6 weeks or so ago that David Cook was going to win American Idol!!!! I didn't get to see all of last night's finale, but I really enjoyed what I did get to see. I think Cook will be a great ambassador for Idol, and I think Archuleta has a wonderful future in front of him. I loved most of the last 10 or so contestants, and I thought Michael Johns got let go too early. I would have had him in the top 3 or 4. I thought Simon was a stand-up guy last night for apologizing for being so hard on David Cook. That took some character. I'm already looking forward to January 2009!


Have a great Holiday Weekend!!