Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tulsa and Dad's Birthday

I was blessed to get to attend the Tulsa Soul-Winning Workshop again this year. What a blessing! There were LOTS of Harding Alums that I got to spend time with, and that is always a joy. Terry Rush and the good brothers and sisters at Memorial sure do a wonderful job putting this event together. To all of you who are responsible for this and put so many hours in to making this a blessing for the thousands that attend, let me offer a heart-felt THANK YOU!!!

Please keep Patrick Mead in your prayers. He had to be admitted to the hospital there in Tulsa this week, but the last I heard he had been dismissed. Patrick and his son-in-law Josh did the Thursday night Key-note together, and they were fantastic!


Several of you who read my blog know my mom and dad. On April 4th, dad turns 80 years old. Even if you don't know dad, I would appreciate any of you who could to send him a birthday card. Dad is bed-ridden 24/7, so it would be hard for us to have a big party for him. So, reading cards is going to be his main party. He reads EVERY note and card he gets.........so don't think you are wasting your time.
He and all the family will appreciate you doing this VERY VERY much. Here is his address:

David Underwood
2004 Saxton Drive
Florence, Alabama 35630

Thanks again ahead of time. You will make his day!

Have a wonderful week!
DU

10 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger mmlace said...

David, does this mean the sabbatical is over???

I hope so! :)

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing you at Tulsa Workshop!

Will be sending your card request to my LOVE IN THE MAIL group ... that may result in about 30 cards or so!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger David U said...

John, the pleasure was mine! Thanks for making sure dad gets some cards for his birthday. What a blessing!

In HIM,
DU

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember your dad from when I was much younger and he would be a speaker at our church. Then when I moved to this little town, everybody here knew him, too!

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The workshop was a blessing as always. I have not missed many since the very beginning!

Keith

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Royce Ogle said...

Done

I just lost my 86 year old mom 2 weeks ago so I know the joy of the least act of kindness to us "seasoned citizens".

His peace,
Royce

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,
Patrick Mead introduced us Thursday at the workshop, and I consider it a pleasure to have met you. You have a warmth and kindness about you that is very encouraging to those around you.
I’ll be praying for your mom and dad…especially your dad as his birthday approaches. I’m sure he is a remarkable man. I’ll be praying for you as well, I know it’s heartbreaking to see our parents struggling with health issues.

BTW – I’m glad your sabbatical is over…I’m looking forward to stopping in again soon.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

mulberry outlet,mulberry handbags outlet
prada outlet online
ferragamo outlet
coach outlet online
chanel outlet store
kate spade uk outlet
black friday 2015
ralph lauren outlet
discount ugg boots
cheap football shirts
lebron shoes
discount oakley sunglasses
polo shirts
kobe bryants shoes
designer handbags,handbags outlet,cheap handbags,purses and handbags,wholesale handbags,designer bags,bags outlet,handbags wholesale,cheap purses,discount handbags,handbags sale,wholesale purses,handbags and purses,designer purses
ugg boots sale
rolex watches
moncler jackets
oakley sunglasses wholesale
nike foamposite
mm1223

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap jordans
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet online
coach handbags
skechers outlet
cheap jordan shoes
dolce and gabbana outlet
michael kors handbags
coach outlet store
new york giants jerseys
2017.6.15

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger eric yao said...

Nike Outlet Cheap Uggs Coach Outlet Coach Outlet
North Face Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet<

 

Post a Comment

<< Home