Friday, November 09, 2007

Birthdays and Headed to Africa

My sister-in-law, Andee Cone, has a birthday today........so any of you who know her please send her a b-day greeting. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE! Sorry I won't be here to celebrate with the family later this month. I bet ya'll make it somehow without me! :)

I'm headed to Africa in the morning! I still am pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. I would imagine I will have a story or two to tell when I get back.
Thanks to all of you who will be praying for us. It's wonderful to know you will be bringing us before the Father.

We will be there during Thanksgiving, so I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday with your families. I will be giving a LOT of thanks for my family as I am away from them........and giving thanks for all of you also.

Somebody PLEASE get my Tide a victory over Auburn. If you do, you will hear a yell coming across the ocean! :)

See ya in a few weeks!

10 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger mmlace said...

Hope you have a safe trip. I'll be looking forward to hearing your stories when you get back!

And happy birthday to Andee!

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of wishes to you, David, and I pray you have a safe and productive trip!

Dee
of Finding Direction: The Wind Vane Chronicles

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

Africa??? That is so wonderful. Will be waiting to read about it when you get home!

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how do we break it to David that the Tide lost to UL Monroe while he was in Africa?

Here's an idea: David, while you were out of the country we here in the U.S. experienced a major power surge that affected a lot of communication outlets. You may read that UA lost to UL-Monroe, but, come on. A team with a losin? recort, includeing losses to Tulsa, Troy, North Texas and Middle Tenn??? Sleep well my friend, it didn't really happen.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger annie said...

Thanks for the Birthday "shout out". I had a really nice one because Sara Barton came & spoke at our Women's Retreat that night. Such an example to so many!

Thinking of you in Africa, & praying for all of you traveling. Heard you're staying with the Guilds in Tanzania---wonderful family.

Hope you get to hug Krista for Alex!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Amy Anderson Westerman said...

Randomly stumbled across your blog today! I think you attend Downtown Church?
I will be visiting you in February with ZOE.
Can't wait! :)

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

I don't have the heart to tell him that Bama lost to UL-Monroe and Auburn. You tell him.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to include your blog in the book, The Church of Christ is Blogging (edited by myself and John Dobbs). When you get a moment, can you provide a brief bio and answer the questions--Why do you blog? and How would your describe your blog? Also, could you send me an article from your blog from this year and a link to the article/essay? With your permission, I'll print it in the book.

Ben

send to benoverby@specialtywriting.com

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell 'im!

Auburn 17
Bama 10

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger David U said...

I'm back. Worn out, but in a very BLESSED way!

I guess I learned my lesson......Bama can't win when I am out of the country. Dang.

DU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home