Thursday, November 01, 2007

On A Much Lighter Note

Well, not THAT much lighter! :) LSU comes to Alabama this weekend. I am scaring myself because I have felt pretty good about this game all week. I don't like feeling good about a big game......you have a longer fall to the bottom if you lose. Having said that, I like Bama's chances. A) I think we have a better coach
B) Miles is due a game where all his gambles blow up in his face C) We are due. The Tigers have beat us something like 4 or so in a row. So, the odds are with us. D) Home field advantage. It will be CRAZY in T-town! E) Sometimes the fans with the white hats need to win against the bad guys in black hats. That probably doesn't mean a THING to anybody 35 and under. But then again, I'm not sure I have anybody who reads this blog that is under 35.

I think everybody would agree that LSU is the more talented team. But, parity has been seen like never before in the world of college football this year. The more talented team has lost MANY times this year. So, I'm not too concerned about that.
With there being so much parity today, I think more than ever coaches have the biggest influence on the game. I'm thinking Saban will have his players ready.

Ain't college football great!?!?!?!?! Good luck to all your teams......except you LSU fans. I hope your team waits till next week to win.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Homecoming here at Harding this weekend. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, and the leaves are turning orange and red. Campus is BEAUTIFUL! I hope as many alums as can will come visit us this weekend. We miss you when you don't come! GO BISONS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Have I mentioned that I leave for East Africa with Monte Cox a week from Saturday?I'm like a kid on Christmas eve!!! More about Africa next week.........stay tuned.

Speaking of staying tuned, I should be able next week to tell you about an upcoming event in Searcy. Looks like we will be having a VERY WELL KNOWN Christian author coming to town in December!! You won't be disappointed.



-------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger CE Butler said...

While I'm hardly a Saban fan, I'm even "Les" a fan of Miles.

Case in point: The TD pass he "called" on the last play of the game 2 weeks ago. I honestly believe either a) he didn't realize how little time was left on the clock; or b) he's not a very quick thinker.

The guy gets called a genius and the play-call was "gutsy" ...
the fact is, if that pass falls incomplete (or is intercepted), the guy is the dumbest coach in Div. I (or whatever it's called now).

Tell me if you remember a similar play in an HU game 5-6 years ago...

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger annie said...

I'll be rootin' for your Tide to win.

We'll be praying for you as you travel to Africa. What a wonderful experience for you!

You've whetted my appetite regarding the possible Dec. author. I think I could take a good guess, but I'll wait.....

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger mmlace said...

Hey now! I am most definitely under 35! More than a decade younger, actually!

And I stop by here on a pretty regular basis.

Good luck this weekend. I'll root for the Tide over LSU any day! I believe the Tigers have beat my Hogs something like 4 in a row, as well, and I'm a little bitter.

I must wish luck to your Bisons, as well, on their Homecoming. After all, it was at their expense that I got to enjoy seeing my alma mater win our homecoming game last Saturday! (Go Reddies!)

Can't wait to hear more about the trip to Africa!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger believingthomas said...

is there anyway possible that both teams could lose...that would be great! :-)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Jonathan Storment said...

Hey man, I hope everything is going well for you. I don't understand how you can be an Alabama fan and live in the great state of Arkansas.

Do you route for the Razorbacks at all? If not, than that's heresy!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

coach outlet
kate spade outlet
yeezy boost 350 black
ugg boots
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
jordan shoes
polo outlet
ray ban sunglasses
patriots jerseys
2017.6.14

 

Post a Comment

<< Home