Thursday, October 04, 2007

Jan Jones

I guess most of you know by now that we lost Jan Jones last week. I was in California when she passed, but was able to get back to Searcy in time to be able to attend the memorial service and the release of her ashes at Camp Tahkodah. The memorial service on Sunday was such a wonderful event, I don't even have the words to describe it. I have no doubt the Spirit guided what was said, and what we sang..........because I don't know HOW it could have been more moving. Jan was a special woman, a VERY special woman. In her quiet way, she impacted a LOT of lives. She will be missed tremendously. But, she lives on in Rees and Elaine. What a legacy!!!! We love you Craig, Rees, Shanna, and Elaine!

May God come quickly for us all.

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

I wish I could have been there for the service. Craig visited with me on Thursday and, as usual, I was amazed at his faith. I remember all of us going up to the hospital on the Wednesday night she had surgery for the breast cancer. She looked up at all of us "strong" guys and said, "You all look so scared." Just shows what faith she had. Thanks, David, for posting on this special family. JW

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Keith said...

I believe there WILL be a piano in Heaven and Mrs. Jan is probably playing it right now.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the highlights of the Zoe conference this past wk.end was getting to see Craig & give him a hug. What an incredible statement of faith for him to drive 6 hrs. to N'ville & worship with so many from all over ONE week after Jan's passing. It was inspiring to all of us who know & love that family! Andee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home