Sunday, September 09, 2007

30th Anniversary

Yep, Jan and I got married THIRTY years ago today! And yes, I married WAY over my head and I am the luckiest guy in the world. If she's willing, I'm ready to try for another thirty. It sure flew by.........I guess time DOES fly by when you are having fun. How bout you all? What number are you on?

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure I ever remember it raining this much in September. We need it I know, but goodness........surely the sun will shine sometime this month. My freshman year at Harding in the fall of 74 we had a DELUGE of rain that year also. The area behind Keller that you have to walk thru to get to Armstrong was like a lake.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh........football season sure makes my weekends interesting. I love keeping up with my HA Memphis Lions, my HA Searcy Wildcats, my HU Bisons, and some other team I hear referred to as the Crimson Tide. They all seem to be off to pretty good starts.
This upcoming week is always a tough one for me, in that this is the week the Hogs and Tide play. For some reason a lot of folks around here like to talk smack BEFORE the game instead of after it. I was learnt better than that. Bear Bryant demanded class from his players and the fans, and that is the era that influenced me. So, good luck HOGS! Talk to me after the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I know we could fill blog posts for pages and pages talking about prayer request, and maybe we should. But I do have one request, mainly because so many of you know this family. Please continue to pray for Craig Jones's wife, Jan. Her cancer does not seem to be getting any better. Craig and the kids have an AWESOME attitude and spirit about this, and seem to be at peace. Please remember that family in your daily prayers.

13 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger mmlace said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thirty years! That really is awesome! I'm on...well...year ZERO! I gotta find a husband before I can start rackin' up those years of marriage. Maybe one of these days...in the not too distant future...as in, sometime before I die.

The rain is nice. I looked at the radar this morning before I went to church and it looked like a storm was headed this way, but none yet. I'm a little disappointed.

I love football season too! David, you gotta talk smack BEFORE the game, that's what makes it fun and interesting for everyone. So in that spirit, good luck to your Tide...they'll need it!

Sorry to hear about your friend's ongoing health problems, and will remember her and her family in prayer.

Have a great day, much love!--mmlace

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

We are just almost to 30 years, too--and this is funny because I was just thinking--we could make it another 30 years--or 40 or 50!!! What a blessing from God we have all already experienced!

We are having a lot of rain in Texas, too--it's much better than hot!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

Congratulations to you and Jan! I think you're both pretty special. Martha and I just celebrated our 31st on August 27th. Funny, I told her the same thing. I'm game for another 31. I'd only be 84. That's doable. Take care. JW

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Jan. I quit after nine.

Rain? That's when the water comes out of the sky, right? I had to go to the beach to find rain!

Smack talk? I've been cured. The expert smack talker has beat me down.

I don't know Jan Jones but I sure will pray for her (and her family)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Happy Anniversary, I am on 31!

Roll Tide....
Good luck whoopsie pigs...

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said: "For some reason a lot of folks around here like to talk smack BEFORE the game instead of after it."

1 Kg. 20:11.

I'm a preacher; I've got a Scripture for everything!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger David U said...

Tim, you crack me up brother! One big difference........Ahab had God on his side. NONE of the smack-talkers have that luxury! :)

Keep em coming,
DU

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy, happy anniversary to two wonderful people. Glad we're family.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Even without a proven quarterBACK
I think D-MAC will have our BACK.
Alligned in the Hogwild running ATTACK, the tandem will be hard to SACK; At the Heisman, he and Felix will both take a CRACK, and that's not SMACK; that's just the FACTS, JACK! See you in T-Town dude.
Happy 30th my Brother. Your Jan is indeed a keeper. Whoopigsooie.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Thirty. How awesome! I spent seven years being married to the wrong person, seven more being single again ... and by the time I get to thirty in my second and final marriage, I won't remember how to count to thirty!

Congrats.

And that's no smack talk.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kami and I will hit our 30th next June. We are looking forward to it! We will probably spend it on a mission trip to Rio.

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you like the two people on the front of the card I sent for y'all's 30th? The guy was a cross between Tim Stafford, Wayne Woody, & Mark Bixler, huh?!

It is so hard to believe it's been 30 years, and in other ways, I can hardly remember when you weren't my BIL! And I know Life for you was so enhanced by me being your SIL :)

I'm for UA beating UA----am I diplomatic, or what?! Love ya! Annie

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ugg outlet
cheap michael kors handbags
ugg boots
longchamp
longchamp handbags
basketball shoes
new england patriots jerseys
michael kors handbags
ray ban sunglasses
cleveland cavaliers jersey
2017.6.14

 

Post a Comment

<< Home