Friday, August 10, 2007

Don't Do It Again, John

I am not a huge golf fan. Don't get me wrong............I'm for sure a fan. Just not a huge one. Having said that, I AM a HUGE fan of John Daly. I'm not for sure what the draw is, but my guess is that it's a couple of things. A) As Americans, we love stories of comebacks and underdogs becoming champions. He for sure fits that bill. B) I think if we are transparent, we all have to admit we see ourselves in John Daly to some degree. How? Well, how about the concept of having struggles?
Hmmmm, can you relate to that? I sure can.

So what happens lately is that John does really good for a round (or even for just a few holes) and I get all excited for him.......and me. Then the inevitable happens, and he implodes. "Tin Cup" type stuff. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. So I'm begging you John, stay within yourself this time! Make the cut, and just play Saturday and Sunday and let the chips fall........literally. :)


Speaking of sports, college football is just around the corner! It's just 22 days until my Tide takes the field for their first game under Coach Saban. It's a new day in Bama Nation!!!!!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! Notice I didn't say anything about professional football. Except for golf, I am pretty much washing my hands of pro sports. Daly, the St. Louis Cardinals, the Spurs, and Tony Dungy are the only aspects of professional sports I care about anymore. Greed took over a long time ago, hence the hiring of thugs for players, referees gambling, steroids, etc. etc. They can have it. Give me college or high school sports ANY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide
Go Bisons
Go HA Memphis Lions
Go HA Searcy Wildcats

Those are my 4 teams, good times or bad.

Who do you cheer on?

12 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Donna G said...

Roll Tide

Go Dale Jr.

Atlanta Braves

haven't been able to commit to a professional football team!

Roger Federer

The Williams Sisters....

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auburn University
University of North Alabama
North Carolina - basketball
Tony Stewart
Rusty and Dalton Cooper in everything they do!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger mmlace said...

Likewise, I don't care any for professional sports. All I really watch is a little college football. Woo Pig Sooie!!!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger preacherman said...

David,
I want to say excellent post.
I hope John wins!

Go Cowboys!
Go Texas Tech!

When basket ball season rolls round again: GO SPURS GO!!!!

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy for all of you when your team wins(for my husband it would be the Razorbacks), but I just can't get into football very much. However, I do get excited when I know I'm getting ready to hear the following speakers: Mike Cope, Randy Harris, Jeff Walling, Don McLaughlin, Monte Cox, Rick Atchley.....and some women, such as Sara Barton. THAT's when I want to raise my hands, cheer, clap, dance, & shout from time to time!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Dusty Rush said...

David, I got to stand within a few feet of Daly as he teed off on number two Friday. Oh man, he can hit the ball a long way!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Keith said...

WHOOPIGSOOIE! September 15th headline..."D-Mac and Jones Roll Over Tide; Saban Goes Back To Miami"

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Joice Family said...

I got to go to the PGA on Saturday and Sunday and watched Daly as well as everyone else joicefamily.wordpress.com. I root for the Bison of course!!!! And then OU and OSU in college football. I doubt you want to hear all my other sports.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger CE Butler said...

Cubs and Bisons are usually enough for me.

Speaking of thugs, remember the line, "If Charles Manson could run a 4.3 40-yard dash and get a work release, he'd be playing in the NFL?"

Love that one. Sad part is that it's probably true.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger One Observationist said...

GO BIG RED!

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nfl jerseys, ugg pas cher, mont blanc, nike huarache, vans shoes, ghd, asics running shoes, north face outlet, valentino shoes, canada goose, chi flat iron, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, p90x, instyler, canada goose uk, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, canada goose, nike roshe run, north face jackets, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, hollister, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, ugg boots, herve leger, abercrombie and fitch, rolex watches, marc jacobs, beats by dre, ugg boots, mcm handbags, birkin bag, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, uggs outlet, soccer shoes

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci, pandora charms, louboutin, ugg, baseball bats, moncler, canada goose, parajumpers, lancel, canada goose, wedding dresses, links of london, rolex watches, moncler, air max, ugg, moncler, toms shoes, hollister, pandora jewelry, moncler, oakley, ralph lauren, pandora charms, swarovski, ray ban, moncler outlet, converse, swarovski crystal, converse shoes, hollister, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, hollister clothing store, supra shoes, karen millen, juicy couture outlet, air max, moncler, vans, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, moncler, coach outlet store online

 

Post a Comment

<< Home