Friday, July 20, 2007

Dogs vs Unborn Babies

For those of you who don't know me, you'll just have to take my word for it. Or, ask somebody who does know me. I AM CRAZY ABOUT DOGS!!!!!!!! I am a dog-aholic.
Did I just create a word? From the time I was born until I left home to go to college I never remember a time when we didn't have at least one dog.......many years we had 2 or 3. It's been 6 years this coming Oct. 7th since I gave up my last dog, and it's still so fresh I can hardly broach the topic. I never met a dog I didn't love. I'm saying all of that to say that I think what Michael Vick (and many other people who are sick like him) did to those dogs is unconscionable. If proven guilty, I hope they all get the maximum sentence....all of them. It's unspeakble, and I'm not even sure we have even heard the worst of it yet. What kind of people do this, somebody asks? Well, it's people who live in a culture that doesn't value life. They live all around you.

Know what is making my stomach turn even more? Watch and see if this doesn't happen.........some politicians who won't say a WORD about the millions of late-term abortions in our country will be on the front lines calling for justice to be done in regards to these dog-killers. It's nauseating......and it's the culture we live in. Dogs have more rights than unborn babies.

I don't do too many political posts. They get too ugly too quick. But I couldn't give this one a pass.

I love dogs more than you probably can fathom........I love unborn babies even more.

6 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great thoughts, DU. I agree completely.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Keith said...

How about this as punishment for Vick and his cronies...lock up the "thugs" with some rabid "pugs" for just 5 minutes or so and let them talk it out. They would probably just lick him to death! You're right about Vick; I think he's sick. He needs help. Not enough 'sense' to go with all the dollars. This World is Not My Home.....

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, I don't condone what goes on in these bloody sports of dog fighting and cock fighting and understand why others are outraged.
But where is the outrage in human sports where two humans are pitted against each other (the bloodier the better)the boxing arenas are filled. What about the violent sport of football where Vick was brought up and still earns his livelihood, thousands cheer him on to be more and more aggressive, many people who see dog fighting as abhorrent, would cheer if he were to get his leg broken, or worse. Hockey nobody looses a tooth or blood in some way It wasn't worth the ticket. Animals in the wild fight to the death every day, some even eat the other. Animal instinct for survival. Sen. Byrd looked like an absolute boob standing there declaring Vick was bound for the deeper part of hell, I am a democrat but he needs to step aside. We have young people fighting and dieing every day in the Bush War, I have not seen such compassion for them even when captured and tortured (put a stop to Mr. Bush) but a dog fight brings out the (bleeding heart liberal) in even republicans.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh... I think I'll just stay away from politics and address what you wrote, David! I agree with you. I have never understood why anti-war meant pro-abortion meant pro-baby seal meant anti-civility towards opponents meant... you get the drift.

I see a huge difference between boxing, football, hockey and the horror of dog fighting, gassing the Kurds, and abortion. Maybe it's just me...

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger David U said...

Byrd may need to step aside, and he may or may not be a "boob", but he was correct in characterizing what Vick and others did as "barbaric".

DU

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes David it is barbaric to watch any thing fight and bloody another, for strictly entertainment. but what I was saying was I would like to see half the outrage and compassion for our young people who are fighting and dying for their presidents cause. as was demonstrated on the floor of the senate for an animal. Dogs are animals and they should not draw more compassion than a fellow human being.
I have never seen a senator cry on the floor of the senate for the death of three thousand plus men and women, and condemn the one who sent them there to the deepest part of hell. but instead they standby and give the money to continue the bloody sacrifice America is suffering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home