Friday, July 13, 2007

Reading John

Jan and I have been in Kansas City this week. If you have never had the opportunity to drive down Ward Parkway and to visit Country Club Plaza in KC, I hope you can soon. The drive along Ward Parkway has to be one of the most beautiful drives in America. As always, I was blessed to get to visit with some of the wonderful Harding folks in that area. As you might guess, we saw LOTS of water on this trip! Because of the amount of rain the mid-west has received, everything was SO beautiful and green. It never gets old seeing God's work in nature.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am interested in hearing your take on something. I have been reading John lately, and I happen to notice something that I find noteworthy and interesting. I would like for you to read the same material, and give me your feedback on any interesting insights you might come up with. I will tell my discovery in my next post, which I promise will be in the next few days. Please read John chapter 13 thru at least verse 11 of Chapter 18. For those of you that I have already talked to on the phone, you can't participate! :) I look forward to hearing from the thousands of you that I have not talked to.

Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is at all what you discovered(& want us to see) in these chapters, but to me what John is trying to convey through what Jesus told him & the other disciples is that we should love to the point of sacrificing----we're here on this earth for LOVE & SERVICE to show Christ to the world. These two "weapons"(I think Don Mc. used that word) are what we have to defeat Satan AND TRANSFORM our lives & those who don't know Jesus yet.

This is NOT new news, but it's what struck me as I read. HE wants badly for us to go LOVE & SERVE our fellow men/women. This is our work---and, our peace.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David; I don't know if what strikes me as odd in this part of John is the thing you are talking about or not, but we see two men two apostles one is vilified for doing exactly what he is called to do. and another who becomes great in the service after denying Jesus three times. Judas had no control over what he did it was prophesy that had to be fulfilled. and he never denied Jesus was the Christ even to the end. Peter did control his actions but did it out of fear. And did deny he knew the one called King of the Jews. yet the one who filled prophesy died in shame while the one who denied Jesus before men
was put in charge of Christ's church. but I am man and don't claim to know the way of God.

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, looks as if you were so excited about your discovery, that you called everyone except me and one other person, WOW that must have been one heck of a phone bill. :) but I bet old John's ears are burning with all the reading, and searching going on, on his blog, I don't guess it was called a blog back then was it.?

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

What impressed me this time around is how much God wants us to be in close relationship with each other and Him, and wants us to crave it, too. Enough to wash each other's feet. Enough to believe even when we can't understand. Enough to live with His Spirit within us. Enough to stay awake and watch out for each other, even when our tummies are full and our eyes are sleepy. Enough to take up the sword in defense. Enough to put it down when told.

I'm anxious to read what "stuck out" to you, David!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home