Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kickin it in Colorado

Yeah, it's a tough job.........but somebody has to do it. Especially during our annual heat wave in Arkansas. The mountains refresh my soul, even when they don't have snow on them. My first trip for Harding in 98 was to Colorado, and it's held a special place in my heart ever since then. WONDERFUL folks out here, and they bless me tremendously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Jerry Morgan suggests something to me, I do it.......no questions asked. He suggested a couple of weeks ago that I pick up "Metamorpha: Jesus As A Way of Life" by Kyle Strobel (Lee's son) and read it. I am about half way thru it now, and I want to encourage everybody out there to get it also. Thanks Jerry for the heads up!! I can't hardly put it down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as race relations in the USA, we have quite a ways to go. We've come a LONG way, but we have MANY miles to go before we can rest. When people want to convict Michael Vick simply because he is black, that is pathetic and wrong. It's equally as racist and pitiful when some want him to get away with his crime simply because he is black. Both perspectives are driven by racism, and that racism damages our country, and our world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Field of Dreams" has to be in my top 10 movies of all time. We all, yes EVERYBODY, wants to be affirmed, validated, and acknowledged. That's why I think my favorite line in the movie is when Archie "Moonlight" Graham is about to walk back in the corn field and Shoeless Joe Jackson stops him by saying: "Hey Rookie, you were good". That scene always gives me chill-bumps, no matter how many times I watch it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last but not least, college football begins this week. You didn't think I would let that go without a mention did ya? Good luck to all of your teams. My Tide takes the field Saturday night, and I will be in Florence watching it with my dad.
Ain't it fun?!?!?!??!?!?!? :)

7 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will try to get back into the football mindset, but I'm busy right now rooting for the Tigers to pull back into first place in their division. THEN I'll pull for the WV Mountaineers (in fact, I'm wearing a WVU polo shirt today, so maybe I'm starting a little early).

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, David -

I haven't left a comment in ages & ages, so this is the first in a very long time for me.

Hope you're having a good week and will enjoy your ball game with your dad. Wish my dad were alive and near enough by that we could go to a football game together. That would be fun.

I don't know if you remember this or not, but you were the one who led me to Patrick Mead and I just want to thank you, again, for that. He has become a great friends nad has been a huge blessing in my life these past two and a half years.

Thanks, David!

Dee

of Finding Direction: The Wind Vane Chronicles

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger David U said...

Dee, good to hear from you! I check your blog from time to time, even if I don't leave a comment.
Yeah, Patrick has been a HUGE blessing to me also. I love that guy!

God bless and stay in touch!
DU

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Top 10 movies, has anybody out there seen the movie "Shine" starring Geoffrey Rush? I told my brother Dave about it several years ago and actually loaned him my copy 2 months ago. You guessed it - no, he still hasn't seen it. Perhaps Jerry Morgan liked the movie and will recommend it to Dave. I hope so. It might even make it on his Top 10 list.

Bryan

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger David U said...

Here's my list of top ten brothers:

Anybody but Bryan

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, air max, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, prada handbags, nike free, coach purses, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses cheap, chanel handbags, gucci outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, air max, christian louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci, pandora charms, louboutin, ugg, baseball bats, moncler, canada goose, parajumpers, lancel, canada goose, wedding dresses, links of london, rolex watches, moncler, air max, ugg, moncler, toms shoes, hollister, pandora jewelry, moncler, oakley, ralph lauren, pandora charms, swarovski, ray ban, moncler outlet, converse, swarovski crystal, converse shoes, hollister, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, hollister clothing store, supra shoes, karen millen, juicy couture outlet, air max, moncler, vans, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, moncler, coach outlet store online

 

Post a Comment

<< Home