Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Malibu in September

Yeah, I'm here, and it's just as beautiful as it always is. I am here to see a few HU alums......James Wiser, Gary Selby, Mike Murrie, Don Shores Jr., Emily Smith to name a few. I know these folks aren't going to get the beautiful fall colors and change in weather that we will get at home in the upcoming weeks, but the trade off is not that terrible! It's about 75 degrees here today and not a cloud in the sky.
It makes me get excited to be here the first week of May in 08 for the PU Lectureship. The theme next year is the Sermon on the Mount, and we have 3 Harding Alums doing key-note talks.........Gary Selby, Donnie Mclaughlin, and Randy Harris.
It will be a great week, and I look forward to seeing all you HU alums here. We will have our annual reception again, and I hope all of you will attend as you have in the past. We have had over 100 folks at the reception the past 2 years.

----------------------------------------------------------

Well, up to now I haven't said anything about the Tide for a couple of weeks......out of respect for my Hog friends. We won that game in the last seconds, then lost in overtime to Georgia this past weekend. If they keep doing this to my heart, I will be in ICU this week after we play Florida State!!! :) This week should be fun, with all the hype that comes anytime you play Bobby Bowden.
Added to that you have the sub-plot centered around the reunion of Jimbo Fisher and Nick Saban, pupil vs teacher. I'm thinking it will be another great college football game! Two great programs meeting for the first time in a LONG time. I think Coach Saban will have the boys in Crimson and White ready to play. Who does your team play this weekend?

-----------------------------------------------------------

I got word while I was out here that Billy Ray Cox died. Please keep that family in your prayers. Many from my generation will remember attending Billy Ray's Sunday morning Bible class while we were at Harding.

----------------------------------------------------------

I didn't get to attend PraiseFest this past weekend in Searcy. I know it was a blessing to all of you who were able to go. Somebody who went please leave a comment and share your thoughts about how the event went. I hope I get to go with you next year.

4 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

My team is playing Florida State too! Oh wait....

I sure hope I get the chance to go back to Malibu next year! It was Great!!

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auburn... THE university of Alabama :) is going to Florida to play in the swamp.

Florida is ranked #4
Auburn isn't ranked

Florida had Urban Meyer
Auburn has The Genius

You make the call... nevermind, don't say it. Auburn loses again!

BUT... WAR EAGLE anyway!

I think I'd like to go to Malibu again in 2008...

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is Love! May your experience God's Love anew this Day :) Lets Learn to Praise Him in All things God Bless You

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harding's Lectureship ended last night...OUTSTANDING...comforting...faith building...one of the best I've attended in 50 years! The timing was wonderful, considering several HU had lost family members the week before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home