Sunday, October 14, 2007

Grace Crossing

Jan and I went to worship today at Grace Crossing with Luke and Juliana in Memphis.
It was WONDERFUL........lots of Harding alums there. Josh Patrick brought one of the most powerful messages about "Salvation" that I have EVER heard. E-V-E-R!!!

You can go and listen to it here:

http://www.gracecrossing.com/default.aspx?pid=90


Before the service began, there was a little girl about 3 years old standing at the back of the auditorium by herself. Just so happens she was standing by the bread used for communion. She looked around and thought the coast was clear, lifted up the cover, and got out a HUGE piece and began to chomp away. About that time, our eyes met........and she gave me a REALLY REALLY big smile. My legalist default button wanted to kick in and motivate me to go say "Honey, you shouldn't be doing that. This bread is just for those who have been baptized". That thought stayed with me for about two seconds, and then I smiled back at her.........and I hope she read my eyes cause they were saying "Honey, eat all that bread you want. I can't imagine the One who gave it to us being more honored than to have YOU.......of all the people in the world, a little one like you........eating that bread." I had a smile for the rest of the service.

9 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger annie said...

Glad you got to be the kids for Luke's Birthday. I know you're thankful for the Grace Crossing congregation of believers!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger annie said...

Uh, Be WITH the kids...

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

David, when we were kids, the communion bread was homemade and oh so good. When my Dad was preaching in West Virginia in my early childhood, after services I used to go back where they prepared the communion. My contact there would slip me the remains of the bread and I would slide it into my pocket. After services my brother and I would split up the bread and eat it. Don't tell anybody!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Keith said...

...so if I bring some Jiffy PB next sunday and spread it on my cracker...another thing...how come even when I get the smallest, most miniscule piece of bread in the plate, after partaking, it looks like I ground up cracker crumbs on my pants???

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger mmlace said...

Keith, I have that same problem too...somehow, maybe like the loaves and the fish, the communion crumbs seem to multiply!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger jettybetty said...

What a sweet story. =-)

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you came to Grace Crossing and we weren't there. Sorry we missed you. We were out of town at the Southern Miss ballgame. We have been going to Grace Crossing for about a year and love it and the kids love it. It is a great group of people. Give us a call the next time you are in town. Fading back into the shadows....

Mike

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Lara said...

On behalf of cantankerous little girls everywhere, THANKS!

Sweet story. :)

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stand up for the children. s-chip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home