Monday, November 05, 2007

Happy 50th Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan doesn't read my blog, because she doesn't do the computer thingie. But, today is her 50th birthday, so if you get a chance call her or send her a card.
She made me promise on my life that I wouldn't plan any big shindig to celebrate, so we had a pretty quiet weekend celebration with some family. I wanted to honor her request.........and live.

Happy Birthday Sweet Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Homecoming went really well. The weather could NOT have been better, and we had a lot of folks visiting campus. On top of that, the Bisons won a defensive battle by scoring 60 something points to win by a touchdown! :) GO BISONS!!

Two people that I love and appreciate were honored this weekend by the respective colleges that they graduated from. Mark Wallis was the alum of the year for the College of Business Administration. We couldn't have picked a more deserving graduate! I consider Mark a great friend, and I love visiting with he and Susan everytime I go to Colorado. They are a blessing to Harding. Congrats Mark!!

Bill Chism has been impacting my life since the late 60's when I was at camp Wyldewood. I was a camper, and he was working as a counselor. I'm sure he doesn't remember me, but I sure remember him. We reconnected when his son Kevin and my Matt were both playing football for the Bisons a few years back. Bill was chosen as the alum of the year for the College of Sciences. Bill and Fran are also a blessing to Harding. Congrats Bill!

And thank you both for your BOLD leadership at Harding. I pray God sends us more men like the two of you.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to LSU for the win in a great ballgame Saturday night. That was a tough pill to swallow. They have a great team, and the Tide must be pretty good to have stayed with them the whole game. We are still pretty young, and it makes me excited for what the future might hold. I sure wouldn't swap coaches with them.

I will be in Africa for their next 3 games.......yep, even the AUBURN game!!!!!!! So, you Bama fans pull them thru for me, and we will end up 9-3 and getting to go to a pretty good bowl game. Not bad for coach Saban's first year. ROLL TIDE!!!!

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

She can't be 50, David. She was a scrawny 7th grader when I first met her. That was 38 years ago!! I'm not that old! Happy birthday, Jan!! BTW, David, sorry about the Tide. I really don't like LSU.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Happy Birthday Jan!

Hope your Africa trip goes well. I will be yelling long and hard but have learned my lesson about little "bets" with certain bloggers who used to seem respectable....

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger preacherman said...

Happy 50th Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David Ihope you have a safe trip to Africa and all goes well.

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Jan!

And, David. Have a safe trip to Africa.

Dee
of Finding Direction: The Wind Vane Chronicle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home