Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Estimate Me"

Last night I was up late watching a re-run of "The Office". Like so many shows, I think I have gotten hooked on this funny show by watching the re-runs. Anyway, in this episode last night Michael (Steve Carell) is having a conversation with his boss, Jan. She is complimenting him on a job well done, and says: "Michael, I may have underestimated you." Michael then replies: "Well next time............estimate me". :)

Have you ever felt that way? My guess is that we ALL have. Not a great feeling, huh? But instead of going there, having a pity party as to how we aren't appreciated enough, think about the times YOU were the one who underestimated someone. The times you were pessimistic when you should have been optimistic about somebody. Think back on the people who DID believe in you, and what a difference they made in your life. You have that same opportunity, probably daily. You can impact someone, maybe for a lifetime, by "estimating" them.........showing them you have confidence in them. I think this is crucial in parenting. Don't you?

Thanks crazy Steve for making me laugh..........and making me think.

8 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD as a gift this year and I watched several episodes last night, too.

You may have learned something more positive but... I'm sure you didn't laugh any more than I!

That show OWNS me!

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got season two and my son-in-law got season one. We watched a couple episodes and laughed ourselves silly while my wife just watched us, shaking her head. She doesn't get it.

My favorite episode of all: Diversity Day. We've shown bits of it at Rochester College and at the church to start a conversation on race relations. Could not be funnier...

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Royce Ogle said...

The Office and Something about Raymond are regular fare at our house. Both are as funny as it gets and the writing and acting are brilliant.

I must admit that sometimes I go to TV Land and catch an All in the Family episode.

His peace,
Royce

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger preacherman said...

David,
I love the office. It is the best show on television. It is hulerious. Steven does a great job with all the staff.

That girl I wish I could own it on DVD. I'm just going to have to rent seasons 1 and 2 at Hastings.

David,
I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. I pray that God will shower His blessings on you, your family this next year. I pray that 2008 will be a better year than 2007.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

longchamp handbags
nobis jacket
hermes belt for sale
ferragamo outlet
coach outlet store
lululemon pants
michael kors factory store
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet online
abercrombie and fitch
nike mercurial
tiffany outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
michael kors handbags
true religion jeans
mont blanc pens
christian louboutin shoes
mulberry outlet
ralph lauren uk
michael kors factory online
mm1223

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

cincinnati bengals jerseys
coach factory outlet
buffalo bills jerseys
coach handbags
michael kors outlet
skechers outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
hugo boss sale
oakley sunglasses
coach outlet
2017.6.14

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

coach outlet store online
mlb jerseys
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet
toms shoes
louboutin shoes
fitflops shoes
rolex replica
ugg boots
2017.7.26

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

kobe sneakers
patriots jersey
air force 1
cheap jordans
golden goose
air jordan
longchamp
true religion jeans
lebron 14 shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home