Friday, December 07, 2007

Shane Claiborne in Searcy

Yep, that's right! Little ole Searcy, Arkansas. He is speaking at the Riverview High School gym tomorrow evening around 7:00, and then again Sunday morning at "The Underground" at around 9:00. Kudos to Dirk Smith and Phil McKinney for making this happen.

Some may wonder why he's not speaking on campus, or any of the local churches. Shane is perceived by some as being a radical.

He is. As I recall, THE ONE Shane follows was perceived that way also.

Is there any other kind of discipleship?

4 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Lara said...

Some may call Shane a radical, but when he talks about Jesus and relates His teachings to our world today, it feels SO right to me. It's like something deep inside is clicking, jiving. A harmony so deep it can only be from Jesus. I was blessed to hear Shane speak both times this weekend, and I can't wait for my friend Richard to show up again asking to rake my leaves for $5. He's my next Calcutta.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger David U said...

Lara, I couldn't agree with you MORE! I got to hear him Saturday night, and I wish all of Searcy could have heard his message of Jesus and discipleship.

Some people choose not to hear Jesus.......they've been doing that for 2,000 now, so it's not anything new. But it STILL just as sad, especially when it's the ones who claim to follow Him who turn a deaf ear.

It was good to see you Saturday night, and thanks for stopping by.

Love you,
DU

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger annie said...

I had no idea Shane was in Searcy until AFTER the wk.end! I would've come to hear him on Sunday.

We're called to be radical. I know he was a big blessing to all who who heard him. BIL, email me the next time, you hear?!

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

longchamp handbags
nike blazer pas cher
saics running shoes
cheap ray bans
ray ban sunglasses outlet
coach outlet online
bears jerseys
hermes belt
seahawks jersey
ed hardy
2017.6.15

 

Post a Comment

<< Home