Thursday, January 03, 2008

"Don't Taze Me, Bro"

I guess that was one of the most quoted lines of 2007, huh? The reason I had that on my mind is because I have decided that I need to take a sabbatical from posting for a season.........and I don't want all 3 of you who stop by here from time to time to "taze me" for making that decision. I heard James Taylor being interviewed the other day, and he was asked about writing songs. He said he doesn't feel he has any control over the songs coming to him..........sometimes they come in bunches, and then there are times of great drought. That's kinda the way I feel about posting on my blog. I have tried not to post JUST to be posting something, and I may have failed at that.....but that was my goal. Right now, as you may have noticed, the inspiration for having something to share has not hit me much lately.
So, I will step back for a season and see if the posting urge comes back at some point again. I will for sure still be reading all of your blogs, and therefore being encouraged each and every day by all of you. I don't comment on all of your posts, but I read them. Your blogs are a blessing to me, a really big blessing.
Thank you again for blessing me with your wonderful thoughts, challenges, insights, and encouragement.

In closing, I want to share one thought I had while reading "The Kite Runner" over the Holidays. By the way, if you haven't read it, go get it TODAY! I want to see the movie, but it's not showing at the Rialto yet. Or in Little Rock, for that matter. It's probably the best fictional book I have read in several years. I'm not an English major, nor a professional book reviewer, but I think everybody that has read the novel will agree with me when I say that there is ONE line in the book that the whole story hangs on.....and to me it's the theme of the whole book. That line is: "THERE IS A WAY TO BE GOOD AGAIN". I won't give the story away by telling you who is saying that and why, but I hope you will find out for yourself. Anyway, that line has stayed with me for a week or so now.........and I think it resonates so deep with me because it's a theme I recognize. Don't you? I too have longed to "be good again". What I realized at some point on this journey was that I can never reach that goal. I will never be that good or innocent or sinless again. But HE is, and all I have to do is be HIS disciple.....and put my trust and faith in Him instead of me. In other words, the Gospel.......yeah, it's good news........because thru Him we CAN "be good again".

Truer words may never have been spoken........"THERE IS A WAY TO BE GOOD AGAIN".

Have a great start to 2008 everybody!

DU

11 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will miss you and be here when you get back.

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger mmlace said...

Will miss you, bro! Come back soon! Much love!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Mark said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Mark said...

I've got you in my google reader, so as often as you post, I'll happily read. Hope 2008 is a good year for you.

"Don't Taze Me, Bro" was my favorite line of 2007. My second favorite was by the King of Spain, "Y Por Que No Te Cayas?" to Hugo Chavez. "Why don't you shut up?" :-)

I wonder if we'll get another Dean scream in the next election?

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger ROD said...

I like it. Good sermon title, don't you think?

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Terry Rush said...

David,

I stopped by on this February 6th to say hello. No one was home so I ate the left over chocolate cake and finished off the Pepsi One in the fridge.

See you next time through!
Terry

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Angela O. said...

The Kite Runner movie is out on DVD now - we got via Netflix yesterday. Now if we can find the time to watch it . . .

 
At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-7 xiaozhengm
true religion jeans
tory burch sale
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet store online
michael kors outlet
jordans for sale
Coach Factory Online Outlet Cheap Purses
michael kors handbags
ugg boots
coach outlet
canada goose jackets
michael kors handbags
Outlet Michael Kors Online
louis vuitton handbags
Louis Vuitton Outlet Quality Handbags
Michael Kors Outlet Sale Online Store
air max 95
Abercrombie and Fitch Striped Shirts
ugg boots sale
coach factory outlet
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
Michael Kors Online Store Outlet
louis vuitton
Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM Monogram
michael kors uk
Ray Ban Outlet Store Online
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Cheap Sale
Michael Kors Outlet Discount Purses Online
michael kors outlet
Michael Kors Handbags Factory Outlet
hollister
Coach Coupons In Coach Outlet Store Online
Discount Clearance Coach Outlet Handbags

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

longchamp outlet
nike air max
tory burch outlet online
michael kors online outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
tory burch outlet
swarovski crystal
oakley sunglasses sale
ray ban outlet
oakley outlet store
louis vuitton outlet store
ugg outlet
oakley sunglasses
toms outlet
cyber monday 2015
true religion uk outlet
louis vuitton,borse louis vuitton,louis vuitton sito ufficiale,louis vuitton outlet
air jordan 11
cheap oakley sunglasses
hermes birkin bag
mm1223

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

houston texans jerseys
nike trainers uk
dolce and gabbana
ray ban sunglasses outlet
ralph lauren
ugg outlet
coach handbags
red valentino
asics shoes
christian louboutin outlet
2017.6.14

 

Post a Comment

<< Home