Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Even Gas Prices?

I just got thru reading Matthew 6: 25-34........the "don't worry" section of the sermon on the mount. Reckon that includes worrying about how we are going to pay for a tank of gas? My guess is that, yes, even the cost of fuel is included in the things listed NOT to worry about. Easier said than done, huh?

Has the part that says "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" ever bothered you before? I gotta confess.......it bothers me because I see innocent children starving to death all over the world.

Just being transparent. I'm not saying it makes me lose my faith. I'm just saying it bothers me because I don't understand it.

And it bothers me that kids are dying because they don't have enough nutrition. And they die because of malaria. And AIDS.

All of a sudden gas prices aren't a big worry at all.

6 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people would probably move hundreds of miles from home to keep from spending so much money on gas!!!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Keith said...

...this world is not my home; I'm just a passin thru. Isn't that a blessing.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

I have this awful feeling that God wants to help sick and starving children, but He's waiting to do it through us.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Greg Taylor said...

Well said. Reminder for you to email me JM's contact.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger preacherman said...

Wonderful post.
I enjoyed it.
Keep up the great posts.
I read your blog daily.
It is one of my favs.
I hope you have a blessed weekend.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Royce Ogle said...

David,

Just put your hand on the radio...and declare your tank full!

:) Royce

 

Post a Comment

<< Home