Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Another Quote

Here is another powerful quote from the "End of Religion". This one comes from Doug Banister:

"Religion is the archrival of intimate spirituality. Religion , a tiresome system of manmade do's and don'ts, woulds and shoulds.......impotent to change human lives but tragically capable of devastating them......is what is left after true love for God has drained away. Religion is the shell that is left after the real thing has disappeared."


Chew on that one for a while?


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was the U.S. Open not a blast? I suspect that like many of you, I have a new golfer to pull for.........Rocco Mediate. I have always pulled for Freddie Couples, Ernie Els, and Tiger. Gotta say, Rocco will probably be at the top of that list from now on. I love his graciousness and his ability to keep things in perspective. And his humor. And his charismatic personality. And his never give-up mentality. What's not to like? :) Where are you John Daly?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a wonderful Father's Day weekend! I got to be with my dad Friday, attend a Wade family reunion on Saturday, and be with my two boys and their sweet wives for lunch on Sunday. I have a wonderful dad, and two great sons who will be wonderful dads someday. I am richly blessed!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh Patrick is the best young preacher I have heard in a LONG LONG time. We got to hear him again this past weekend when we attended Grace Crossing in Memphis with Luke and Juliana. If you get a chance, go to their web site and listen to some of his sermons. The guy is off the charts! It's going to be exciting to see what God does with this talented young servant of His.

4 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Adam Gonnerman said...

Ummm...which Grace Crossing? I googled it and found a few. Could you add the link?

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger David U said...

Adam, thanks for stopping by. I'm not a techie.......sorry brother. But, here is the address I have. See if it works and let me know:

http://www.gracecrossing.com/default.aspx?pid=90


God bless!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Adam Gonnerman said...

That was it. Thanks!

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...









I have to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this blog
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/insulating-companies-3.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/insulating-companies-2.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/insulating-companies.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home