Friday, July 11, 2008

Tim Curtis, Uplift, Bama

I will be gone to Alabama this weekend, and I hate that I am missing the final sermon at Downtown by Tim Curtis. Tim is moving to Georgetown, Texas so that he can get back in the pulpit more. I am happy for him, but VERY sad for us! Tim and Belinda have been a TREMENDOUS blessing to DT ever since they got here a few years ago. Tim's ministry thru his Wednesday night "Nexus" class was off the charts. I still miss it. God's richest blessings to Tim and Belinda! I love you both very much!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Uplift has come and gone for another year. WOW! Kudos to Andrew Baker and his staff for another excellent summer! It was great to see Terry Davis again, and I love to see him impacting young people thru his gift of music. We still miss you TD!
Donnie Mclaughlin is an establishment at Uplift, and everybody knows why. The guy connects with EVERY age-group, and especially this age. You can take an auditorium of 1,200 hyper kids, and within 30 seconds of him talking you can hear a pin drop. Thanks Don, for giving of your time and energy every year! I wish you were around here 24/7.

------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said earlier, we are headed to Bama this weekend to see my folks. My mom hurt her knee a few weeks ago, so we are concerned for her. Hopefully she will be able to function without having to scope it. Please keep her and dad in your prayers.
I know many of you have similar concerns with your parents. Like many of you, I wish we lived closer to them.

Have a great weekend!