Monday, September 25, 2006

Hi From the Beautiful Northwest

Seattle had 3 straight days of the most beautiful weather you have ever seen. It was great to hang out with Jeb and Jami a little bit. Jeb's feet are getting better, and he is going to be on the field for some NFL team before too much longer. I got to go to the Seahawks game yesterday. Talk about some CRAZY fans! Pro football makes me appreciate college football in that at NCAA football games you won't find alcohol being sold. A LOT of the fans at the Seattle game were drunk. It for sure is not a family atmosphere. I guess they have to pay those salaries somehow.

--------------------------------------------------------

Christmas came early for the Hogs. But, if you miss 3 field goals and an extra point, you don't deserve to win. I just hope we can recover quick enough to get ready for Florida. YUCK! John Parker Wilson is a gonna be a big time QB. It will be fun to watch him for the rest of this year and two more years. ROLL TIDE. That's all I have to say about that.

--------------------------------------------------

You folks back home please be sure to look up Frank Mills while he is there in Searcy for the Lectureship. He is teaching a class for two days, if I am not mistaken. I still miss Frank and Summer! I especially miss watching Bama games with him. Frank is like a little brother to me, in that we grew up together in Florence. We were next door neighbors. Seems like he would have rubbed off on me more, huh?

___________________________

The HA Memphis Lions are 5-0. Bring on Pope John Paul !!

-------------------------------------------

The Northwest is beautiful, but it ain't home! :) Come Thursday morning, I will be wearing a smile..........cause I am coming home to the South. When Shaun Alexander scores a TD for the Seahawks, they play "Sweet Home Alabama" over the PA system, and the fans go nuts. Well, at least one fan did!

8 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

How did you miss rain? You must be doing something right....

Our Tide will be back. That hurt to watch!!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

I would brag about my college team, but Fred's University and Storm Door Company doesn't have one yet.

Have safe travels, my friend! Think of us in the frozen north from time to time. While we don't have an anthem such as "Sweet Home Alabama" I AM trying to get them to play "You're As Cold As Ice" at U of Michigan games. No luck yet.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger CE Butler said...

I don't think they'll be playing "Sweet Home Alabama" any more this year.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger preacherman said...

David,
It really does make you apprecaite NCAA football games and even Friday Night High School Games if your from Texas.
I hope you have a safe trip and great time.
Have fun.

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Sorry about the Bama game, dude. Better days ahead. Shula and Kines are classy coaches for sure. I can't wait to see where Jeb may end up playing on Sundays. Its a crazy business in the NFL.
Its been an indian summer in Searcy while you've been away. Just BEA-utiful.ASPEN! Safe travels dude.
Go Hogs(had to get that in)

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog!
Greetings from Montreal, Canada...my name is Wren.
I have a discussion forum here...
http://z6.invisionfree.com/denominations
Forum rules are straightforward and brief.
Please know that you are very welcome to register and participate anytime.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jim Martin said...

David,
I had no idea that you and Frank Mills grew up together in Florence. I am impressed with the work that he is doing at the Cross Point Church.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

new york jets jerseys
mont blanc pens
washington redskins jerseys
cheap basketball shoes
true religion jeans
replica watches
yeezy shoes
christian louboutin shoes
ecco shoes
ralph lauren outlet
2017.6.15

 

Post a Comment

<< Home