Saturday, August 26, 2006

Quick Update

The Lions roared in Memphis last night...........49-7. Everybody got to play, and there were no injuries. Just the way you draw it up. One of the things I like best is that I get to see a lot of old friends when we go the HA games in Memphis. Last night I got to visit with Rodney and Michelle Betts, Kathy Searcy Ray, Kenny Harris, and Evertt Huffard to name a few. One of the best surprises of the night was getting to visit with Tim and Carol Stafford again! Their son, Reid, is a ninth grader on the team. Tim and I were freshman together at Harding. Our older sisters had been roomates at HU before we got here, so we already knew a little bit about each other. Tim came down from Neosho, MO with some long haired hippy dude that now preaches at Highland in Abilene. Tim and I both joined Galaxy social club and went thru pledge week together. I always thought of Tim when I heard "blessed are the meek", because here was this GIANT of a young man....a solid rock.......and he was so kind and gentle. We couldn't get him to come back to the huddle in club football games because he was always checking to see if the opposing player was ok after Tim had just flattened him! No foolin. He is not quite the rock he was once was (who is) but he is still just as kind and gentle. Tim works with the Highland congregation in Memphis, working with the outreach to the University students. Carol is just as beautiful as she was when we were growing up together in Florence and when she was a Bison cheerleader! I don't know that I have ever seen anybody with a stronger twinkle or sparkle in their eyes than Carol has. Carol is a public school teacher in Memphis..........being light and salt on the front lines. I can't imagine anybody I would want there more than her.
And I get to see them both at EVERY game! Am I blessed or what? I love you both!

Sweet Liz was at the game too! Because she is in pharmacy school in Memphis, we will get to be with her at every game also. Liz, keep Matt in line.........ok?

-------------------------------------

Bama fans are coming out of the wood-work! My buddy Brian Lewis at Westside here in Searcy called me this week and let me know he was from Mobile, and is a huge Tide fan too!
I am sorry I can't go with him and the youth group from Westside to watch the Hogs and Tide play this year in Northwest Arkansas. Brian, thanks for ALL you do with our young people to impact their lives for the Lord!

------------------------------------

The aforementioned preacher from Neosho, MO who is currently at Highland in Abilene is also the cousin of my soon to be daughter-in-law. I'll give you 3 guesses who is doing Luke and Juliana's wedding! :) Why couldn't she have been kin to Max Lucado?

Off to the Rockies!

3 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Congrats to Matt and the Lions on being 1-0. Sounds like you went to a family reunion with all the friends and family you ran into. That's exciting about Cope and Luke's wedding. I wouldn't miss it for anything...unless the Hogs are on TV...not!
Have fun in Colorado.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

Mike Cope was here at Rochester for a short visit last week. I got to visit with him for ten minutes or so. He has done a great deal of good for the Kingdom. It must be a thrill that he is the officiator at the wedding.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

kate spade sale
nike trainers
ralph lauren outlet
tory burch outlet
seahawks jersey
canada goose outlet
browns jerseys
clippers jersey for sale

 

Post a Comment

<< Home