Tuesday, July 11, 2006

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky

First person who tells me what song those lyrics are from wins.........something.
I haven't decided WHAT yet. :) Anyway, that is how high I feel after coming off a weekend with Matt in St. Louis, several visits with my brother at his house, time with my parents in Alabama, and time with Luke in Memphis and Searcy also. It just don't get any better than being with family, does it? I have a "Max Lucado 2006 Calendar" with excerpts from his books for each month.
Each excerpt also has a beautiful picture with it. For July, there is a flock of ducks over a body of water with the sunset in the back, and the excerpt is "We love to be with the ones we love. So does God." That is taken from Max's "Next Door Savior". I wonder how many people Max Lucado has impacted for the Lord? I know one thing, I love him.........and count it a blessing to be able to call him my brother!

Just know that I love being with my family.........and I have been blessed to be able to do that the last couple of weeks or so.

--------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I watched the finals of the World Cup. I was for Italy, because Luke was. He is crazy about ANYTHING Italian after having spent a semester over there.
That one French player kinda lost it, to say the least. Maybe he should take up hockey now. Congrats to the Italians!

------------------------------------------------------

I am currently reading "Simply Christian" by N.T. Wright. It is really really rich, and he is the closest thing to C.S. Lewis that I have read in a long time.
Pick it up at Amazon if you get a chance. Thanks Luke, for that GREAT Father's Day gift!

_______________________________

Another reason I am pumped is that I am going down to Pleasant Valley in Little Rock tomorrow night to hear Jeff Walling. He is going to do some drama where he plays the part of Matthew. I CAN'T WAIT! In just a few weeks, I get to return to PV for the "Arkansas Shepherding Conference". If you haven't signed up, do so soon! It is going to be a TREMENDOUS blessing to all that attend. They have an all-star cast of leaders coming.......Monte Cox, Randy Harris, Lynn Anderson, Evertt Huffard, and Rhonda Lowry. I wouldn't miss it for the world. PV is taking some shots from some of the extreme institutional folks in the Little Rock area. One group called it the work of Satan. No, I am not kidding. All you can do is forgive them and pray for them. Oh, and feel sorry for them. A sorrow that is brought on by love......wishing they wouldn't be that way.

_________________________________

I will miss watching the MLB All-Star game tonight with Craig Jones who is in Europe. Craig, I hope you get to watch it with all those soccer folks! :)

Albert Pujols is THE man, if there ever was one. GO CARDS!!! :)

6 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purple Haze by Jimmy Hendrix.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, that should have been Jimi Hendrix.

What do I win?

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

I love Jeff Walling doing Matthew. You are in for a real treat.

I have missed you.


I enjoyed watching the Braves pound the Cards.....oops, I guess I could have left that unsaid....

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

I concur on N.T. Wright. Provocative and insightful. And focused upon ministry. Great combo.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger David U said...

Congrats Jeff! Send me your address and I will send you some Harding hat or sweatshirt or something. By the way, every time I try and leave a comment on your blog, it doesn't work. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for playing, brother!

DU

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Walling was great last night...duh.Thanks for encouraging me to go. Family fun...can't beat it.
Later, KR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home