Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day 2006

I have had an EXCELLENT Father's Day! Matt got to come home for the weekend, so that was a pleasant surprise. We missed Luke, who is in Atlanta with his internship. Jan cooked a great lunch for me today, which is the case ANY TIME she cooks a meal! As I have said before, I feel sorry for my boy's wives as they try and follow their mother-in-law.

I didn't get to see my dad today, but I am glad I got to be with him last weekend for a little bit. Dad doesn't do computers, so he will never read this.
He would be embarrassed if he knew I was braggin on him, but he deserves it.
His life is a very inspiring story........and I promise to share it on another post sometime. Right now I just want to say THANKS dad for all you have done for me and for all the rest of our family! We couldn't have made it without your guidance, love, and discipline. We all love you!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to ALL of you dads out there!

Thanks most of all to our HEAVENLY FATHER, for His faithful love. His UNCONDITIONAL love.

4 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it something how God, in His creative genius, came up with the idea of family. And that we can relate to Him as our Father God, whether we had super role models, mediocre role models, or absolutely pitiful ones. The Great I AM came down to earth to be my Father and my Brother. And to call me His child. What an awesome God we serve!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Mike the Eyeguy said...

DU--

Glad you had a great Father's Day and high times in Iuka last week. Sometime I'm finally going to fulfill my life's ambition of stopping in Iuka on the way to Harding.

I recieved a great Father's Day gift. My father, who died just before I graduated from high school, was in the Navy and served aboard a submarine, the USS Cubera.

My family gave me a custom, USS Cubera Navy ball cap which I wore yesterday when I taught Bible class and all throughout my lunch at Chili's. It was the coolest Father's Day gift I ever received.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Donna G said...

I hope you had a Happy Father's Day and I certainly hope you got something that was crimson & white....Roll Tide!!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger preacherman said...

I enjoyed reading your blog.
Look forward to reading more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home