Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mother's Day, The Code, and other Random Thoughts

This is several days late, but I have the GREATEST mom in the ENTIRE world! I hope everybody feels that way about their mom, but I know that is not true. That is another reason I feel extremely blessed! I wish all children could be nurtured the way that my brother, my sister, and I were all nutured by our mom. We love you mom! :)

-------------------------------

Yes, I am one of the less than 10 people in the USA that has NOT read "The Da Vinci Code". I am waiting till I can order it used off of Amazon for about ten cents. I know there is a lot of controversy surrounding the book and upcoming movie, but if it generates discussions about Christ and spiritual things, then I am tickled to death about it being out there. Our task is to show folks the real Jesus, as opposed to the Hollywood or ficticious Jesus they may have been introduced to for the first time.

------------------------------

Speaking of movies, I rented "Sometimes in April" the other night. GKB and others had told me it was better than "Hotel Rwanda", and I concur with that.
If you are interested in that heart-breaking story, go rent it. It's worth the rental price. I also rented "Crash". I thought it did a great job of portraying the clash ( or crash, hence the title) of cultures and races in our present culture, but I didn't think of it being a "best picture" type movie. I don't think the Academy's standards are what they used to be. Is it worth renting? By all means. The acting is really outstanding. Just don't expect "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" or "Forrest Gump". Or "Shawshank Redemption".

-----------------------------------

The students have gone home or on campaigns for the summer, so the campus is pretty quiet...............for a day or so. We have the wonderful Special Olympics folks coming in from all over the state at the end of this week, Girls' State after that, Uplift after that, and etc. Never a dull moment at good ole Harding! God has blessed us with this campus and facilities, and we love to share it with others.

-----------------------------

I will for sure talk more about it later, but I am VERY excited about a leadership conference that is going to take place in late July at Pleasant Valley in Little Rock. Let me wet your appetite by throwing some names out to you.....Lynn Anderson, Monte Cox, Randy Harris and Dr. E. Huffard from the Grad School in Memphis. WOW! Do you see why I am excited?!? :) Can't wait!! I hope you will join me! Let me know if you need information on the dates and times. Like I said, I will post more about it later

---------------------------------

Ain't summer awesome? I NEVER get tired of hearing the whippoorwills!
And cooking out. And seeing the newly born calfs in the green fields. And baseball. And mowing. Gotcha! :)

4 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

I LOVE summer in Michigan (though I missed it last year. I must have been in the bathroom). The mold on the trees turns greener and -- sometimes -- if you're lucky -- the girls remove one layer of parkas! Woohooo!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger David U said...

PM, you are one CRAZY dude!

DU

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Laymond said...

You had me going until you mentioned mowing the grass then you lost me

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

When you're in memphis, you also get to hang out with your son too, right?

Have fuN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home