Saturday, April 29, 2006

My Holy Trek

The children of Israel had their trip to Jerusalem. The Muslims have their Hajj. I also have an annual Spiritual trip..............to Malibu. The Pepperdine Lectureship is a time of feasting on Spiritual things for me, and many others. Yeah, the setting is beautiful, but that is not what it's about. For me, it's about being with that many people who love the Lord and want to continue to search to know Him better........so they can love Him better. Jerry Rushford and his team put on an AWESOME lectureship! I feel sorry for whoever has to try and take the baton from him someday. This year, I am blessed with getting to travel with one of my best buddies.....Keith Riley. Keith has never been to California, so this is going to be fun! :) Several friends are going to hook up with us there.........David Hall, Jim White, Greg Brown, and Brian Mashburn. Several folks from Harding are teaching a class.....Paul Pollard, Monte Cox, and Howard Norton. Several of our alums are either teaching a class or doing a key-note..........Brian, Mike Cope, Randy Harris, Rich Little, Don Mclaughlin and probably several that I am leaving out. We will have two of our HU Board members there.....Jimmy Cone and Jerry Morgan. Our VP for Advancement, Mike Williams, is also making the trek. We expect a big turn-out for our HU Reception on Thursday night.

If you can't come this year, I hope you will try and make it next year. I give you my word, you WILL be blessed by coming!

I hope all of you have a great week next week, regardless of where you are.

God bless you all!!

7 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

I can't wait. I leave at 6:05 am this Tuesday. I'll get to Burbank aroung 11:30 am. I'll see you at Drescher Apts. JW

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

around

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger dutro said...

Jim, you didn't need to correct it. Everybody coulg tell what you meang to say.

Have fun in California.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there. I'm glad to hear Keith is going.

How are the Drescher Apartments? I had a dorm last time.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

I do hope you havea blessed time!
Some year I would love to go!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

David, most of my elders are out there along with my son-in-law (and associate minister) Joshua Graves, our worship minister, Chris Lindsey, and a dear friend and fellow in Kingdom work, Sara Barton. If you see any of them, greet them for us and tell them to get back to cloudy, cool Michigan pronto!

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home