Thursday, April 27, 2006

Invisible Children and Baptism

The Invisible Children folks were on campus last night, and we had a SUPER turn-out in the Benson. Over a THOUSAND people came out to hear the presentation, and to watch the video. I think they sold every t-shirt, video, and bracelet that they had brought! The Harding Students are having a yard sale on campus today to raise other funds for this project. I hope our involvement makes a difference in the lives of these precious children. The best gift we can give is the gift of prayer. Please take these kids to the Father.......often.


I witnessed the baptism of Malika last night. She is a freshman from New York. Grey and Sharon Powell have been impacting the life of Malika for several years now. It doesn't seem like I witness very many baptisms anymore, but when I do get to................it's like being in the midst of Heaven! I just want to do back-flips and shout to the top of my lungs! I want to celebrate BIG-TIME! I think Heaven is going to be much more of a party time than it is a solemn event. What's there to be solemn about? :)

Bring it on...........I'm ready to party!

6 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Hello David. I'm glad to hear all of that went well. It's great to have people who get so excited about new Christians. Carolina and I have appreciated your family's support so much after she became a Christian. New family members need a good welcome...thanks for doing your part.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Lee Hodges said...

David,

I relate to your excitment at watching a new birth into the family. You are so right, we don't see as many today as I remember. But one exception is at Ft. Benning, GA where Ben Overby is working. Here is a link to his blog.

http://simplechurch.squarespace.com/journal/

This entry is not an exception, it is pretty much this way each week. These brothers have got it going on!

Hey, I am for the party too!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Amy S. Grant said...

I just happened over here today (from Jetty Betty) and read your post about Invisible Children. We watched a video about that last night, and our teens are going to be a part of one of their gatherings Saturday night. So glad it was such a success in Searcy!

I renamed my blog the other day (yesterday?) - can't keep up. Anyway, I was thinking about using Salt and Light. Weird.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

My dad used to lead "Victory in Jesus" after baptisms...

Good memory.
nancy

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

I am with you on the celebration thing!! I want to shout and sing and praise God that one more is safe in his arms....

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger TD said...

David,

You need to stay up/come out at night during uplift. I get so excited witnessing all the baptism all 3 weeks for the last 4 years. I believe if the students and staff were to witness uplift it would bring new meaning to that area of campus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home