Monday, June 05, 2006

Searcy's Own Bill Dance

I know, Bill Dance and Jimmy Houston fish mostly for bass. Anybody can catch bass! :) Searcy has Lowell Myers...............the best dang trout fisherman in these parts. And by parts, I mean Arkansas and the surrounding states. So, you can imagine how blessed I felt when Lowell told me he would take Luke and me trout fishing! We left the church parking lot a little after 6:30 this morning, and we were on the water by a little after 7:00. We were on the Little Red River, just north of the metropolitan area of Pangburn. We couldn't have asked for a more BEAUTIFUL morning to fish! It was cool, and the water was as smooth as glass. We saw snakes, turtles, a prehistoric looking bird called a Blue Herring, geese, several muskrats, to name a few. I know, you want to know how we did catching trout. Isn't that why we went? Well, yes and no.
We went for the fellowship and fun of being in God's creation, and if we caught fish.............well, that was just icing on the cake. And we did catch em. Between the 3 of us we put probably 10 in the net. If we had caught all the ones that got on my hook and got off, we would have put more than 20 in the net! It's an art with trout, and it had been so long since I had been, I pretty much sucked on setting the hook and delivering the catch all the way to the boat. Lowell could have made fun of me.......instead he just laughed. I laughed with him! For never having had fished for trout before, Luke did really well. He put as many or more than I did in the net. I just enjoyed watching him, and being with him. I wish Matt could have been with us. Maybe some other time.

I just wanted to share my blessings with you. The blessing of having a gracious friend that is a professional fisherman and guide, and even a better disciple! I wish we had MORE Lowell Myers in our world! The blessing of spending time with a son...............with no cell phones, no TV, no radio........just us with a friend and with our Father. It don't get any better! The blessing of being in HIS nature. How can a person spend time in nature and not believe in a creator? I don't get it. They have to be blind.

Today was one of those days that stay with you.............forever! I love you Lowell, for your kind spirit and giving heart. Downtown doesn't know how blessed we are to have you! I love you Luke, for LOTS of reasons...........but most of all because you are my son. WODEES!

---------------------------------------

If you see Keith Riley, wish him a happy birthday. He had a birthday last Friday. I'll let him tell you how ancient he is. He isn't a spring chicken anymore! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my brother!

8 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger TD said...

David,

You are right on when it comes to Lowell meyers. He is great! Nancy is special as well. I have never gone fishing with Lowell, but I can imagine how much fun you had with him. This made me missed Downtown today. Thanks for reminding me how great the people of the downtown church are and how special they are as well. Have a blessed Day! Tell Lowell I said hello. Terry Davis

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Thanks for the birthday blog-mention. I have been eyeballing a fixer-upper fishing boat for about a month with the intent to get Stephen and me in the water as well. Sounds like a lot of fun. Stephen had fly-fishing for Cats Week with Lowell a few years ago and loved it. Maybe we can get him on MY TOWN TV6!
KR

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Nancy French said...

Omigosh, blue herons are awkward and wonderful, aren't they? My son and I just recently spotted our first, and have since gone on blue heron expeditions. So much fun.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger David U said...

Nancy, this probably pre-dates you, but they remind of a bird I would see every Saturday morning on "Johnny Quest"! :) They looked like they jumped out of an encyclopedia page on dinosaurs and just started flying around. CREEPY!

DU

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Laymond said...

Trout fishing in the Little Red south of Heber Springs where the hatchery is located is as they say like shooting fish in a barrel.
If you want real trout fishing, fish the White River up by my home town of Mountain View Ark. After floating the White you can claim to have gone trout fishing.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

kate spade sale
nike trainers
ralph lauren outlet
tory burch outlet
seahawks jersey
canada goose outlet
browns jerseys
clippers jersey for sale

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0608
michael kors outlet
arcteryx jacket
uggs outlet
coach handbags
mbt shoes
oakley sunglasses
kappa clothing
michael kors outlet
hermes belt
michael kors outlet

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.8
coach outlet online
ralph lauren polo
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
golden goose
ralph lauren uk
supreme clothing
true religion
golden goose
canada goose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home