Sunday, May 21, 2006

Tulsa and 1968

No, those two don't have anything to do with one another. I am going to Tulsa this week, so I won't be blogging until later in the week.

Now for 1968. Those of you out there my age or older, can you remember a time since 68 when things have seemed in so much turmoil? And mind you, 2006 is no where CLOSE to 68................but it seems eerily close in some ways.
There is a war going on that our country is divided over, and there is social and political unrest to a level we haven't seen in quite sometime. Will places of higher learning offer classes someday on "2006", as they do in some Universities regarding 1968? Yeah, the whole semester is centered on 68. I think I would like to audit that class. I don't need the credit, I lived thru it.
For those of you who are younger, go to "wikipedia" and research "1968". There has never been another year like it in the past 50 years or so.

I just hope 2006 doesn't try and match it.

But, I know one thing..............God is faithful. He was in 68, and He is in 06.

3 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Mike the Eyeguy said...

In 1968 I was in Mrs. Witcher's first grade class taking a nap on my blue and red mat.

Didn't we have a problem with France that year? You know those French, you've really got to watch her, er, I mean them.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

Mrs. Witcher? That's an unfortunate name for a kindergarten teacher.

David UNderwood, visit my BLOG!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

I remember a question from 1968 that has rolled around again to haunt me ... why do girls in hip huggers and crop tops think that their little roll of baby fat lolling above the belt line is something that boys and men want to see?

I still have no answer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home