Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Shepherding Conference and Other Verses

The Shepherding Conference this past weekend at Pleasant Valley was a HUGE success, no matter what angle you are coming from. The turn-out was great.....300 folks or more. The presenters did an awesome job in leading our studies. Those taking part in leading the discussions were Lynn Anderson, Evertt Huffard, Monte Cox, Randy Harris and Rhonda Lowry for the women. It was supposed to be more of an Arkansas event, but we had folks there from Missouri, Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas, and Colorado! As of right now, I believe it will be a yearly event...........and it will be pushed in this whole area of the country. We need a regionally event like this. Kudos to the leaders at Pleasant Valley, Downtown, the Little Rock church, Westside in Jonesboro, and any other church I may be leaving out, for their their vision and leadership in making this happen. What a blessing it was!

--------------------------------------------

Ok, next question concering verses: What verse or verses have you discovered that you wish were more exposed or promoted? I know everybody has some that they discover in their quiet time of reading. Would your walk have been different if you had discovered this verse or these verses earlier in your life?

-----------------------------------------------

My buddy Dan Campbell just shared with me the latest publication from "Voice of the Martyrs". This issue focuses on the rapid spread of the Gospel in today's Iran. It is very encouraging.......and very humbling. Needless to say, those folks are not focused on the "issues" that so often sidetrack us. They don't have the time to spare for those kind of God dishonoring discussions. The article over and over again talks about the Iranian people being hungry for love...........because all they have known their entire lives is hate. Hence, the hunger for God. Very quickly they find out about the love of an all-loving Savior. They can't get enough of Him. Let's pray for our brothers and sisters in Iran, and other places where the light is just now breaking in. God is good.

9 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

John 3:17 - For God did not come into the world to condemn the world, but to save it.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a long time reader of your blog & have e-mailed you, but have never commented. Your question about what verse & how would it have shaped you had you learned it earlier in your life/walk .. I HAD to respond.
Zephiniah 3:17
I first heard it on a ZOE CD, then discovered it was a Bible verse. I'm working to "reprogram" THAT image of God into my life/walk.
I've grown up "in the church" my whole life, P.K., christian home, etc. and I was almost 30 years old before I even REALIZED how good it can and should be! That is now what i'm working to develop in my own life.
Thank you for the blessing that you are to so many!
From one believing seeker to another,
Stephanie

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Keith said...

The Voice is a difficult read for me because I am not "laying down my life" each day for the gospel like so many are in 3rd world countries. If I were put on trial...I'd be a fee man I'm afraid. Lack of evidence. God forgive us all for not having the faith in You to move mountains.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger David U said...

Stephanie, thanks for sharing with us....finally! :) That IS an AWESOME verse. I needed to hear that today......and everyday.

Come back often
DU

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

Galatians 5:1-6. A couple of highlight phrases: "It is for freedom that Christ has made us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery... The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

John 6:44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him.

\---

I just think that my whole life I've been trying to drag people to Jesus, instead of letting God do the work and cooperating with what He was already doing. (Almost like, if I had better rhetorical skills, I would think that someone would accept Christ.)

Does that make sense?

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Franklin Wood said...

As a youth minister (who has been harshly judged in the past by the standards of others, AND is pretty harsh on himself!), this verse gave me great comfort...

4 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. (2 Cor. 3:4-6)

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

I'd like to see this verse get more exposure:

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger David U said...

Good one KB! I totally agree with you on that one. Thanks to ALL of you for participating!

DU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home