Friday, July 14, 2006

This House Sho Gone Crazy

Those of you who are Stooges fans will recall that line. Curly, Larry, and Moe had just tried to fix a plumbing problem in an expensive mansion, and water was shooting out of EVERYTHING in the house........even the TV. Hence, the comment from the butler of the house.

His words reflect how I am initially responding to what is going on in the Middle East the last couple of days. And to be honest with you, I think things are going to get even crazier. I am not ready yet to jump out there like some will do and declare that this is the beginning of the end..........but some the
eschatological folks will be studying this very closely. We don't seem to be into eschatology very much..........I think because life is too good for most of us. Why think of eternity.......I got it going on down here, dude! I would imagine the folks in Darfur, Somalia, and Iraq are a lot more into it than we are. And probably the folks in S.E. Asia who survived the tsunami also.

Anyway, let's pray for peace and forgiveness.........and love.
Remember Rick's challenge......"What are you praying for that is SO big that only GOD can do it?" I think this falls into that category.

-------------------------------------------------------

Walling was Walling, which means UNBELIEVABLE! If you get a chance to purchase the DVD of his one man play where he plays the part of Levi the tax collector, buy it. Whatever it costs, you will be ripping him off. We could have sat there for several more hours at his feet. What an amazing talent!
I applaud the leadership at Pleasant Valley for having the wisdom to bring Jeff in. He blessed a lot of people Wednesday, and I am honored that I was one of them.

---------------------------------------------------

Mike the Eyeguy came to visit me this week! What a GREAT guy! Mike's son, David, has been here participating in our Honors Symposium. I hope he enjoyed his time here, and decides to attend Harding like his dad and mom. We need all the students like David we can get! Mike, it was great to finally meet you in person and come back more often to see us. Maybe Dutro will even be in the next time you come. :)
Thanks for sharing David with us for a couple of weeks! For those of you who have not been to Mike's blog, here is his link. It is one of those that I check daily.

http://www.ocularfusion.net/


-----------------------------------------

Another walk-off home run for Sir Albert last night! I'm telling you, the guy is going to be the MVP again. And from all indications, he is a better man, father and husband than he is a ball-player. That is a mouthful, huh?

Everybody have a wonderful weekend!

8 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

told you you would love it! YOu have a great weekend too!

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't look for anything extreordinary to happen to trigger the comming of the lord, Why?
Mt:24:37: But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
I imagine I will be working in the machine shop or on my computer, My wife will be working at the hospital, or shopping at walmart. our grandkids will be pestering the heck out of us both. just an ordinary day.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Mark said...

hey David,
To answer your question, that picture was taken at the Little Rock Zoo. Hope all is well. I look forward to the coming of the Lord. I think Laymond has the right idea...it's going to be the most ordinary day in the world. Whenver I see a tabloid publishing a date for the apocalypse, I say with confidence "That's probably the one day I know it certainly WON'T be." Like a thief in the night...

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Sounds like PV nailed a better speaker schedule than most lectureships. Any way to get a copy of CD's of the presentations?

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger David U said...

Kevin, I don't think it would be a problem to get CD's of the talks. Let me know if you want them and I will try and hook you up. Thanks for visiting my blog all the way from Tanzania! :)

God bless you and your family!
DU

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Glad to see you mention the middle east and our allergy to eschatology in the Churches of Christ.

We need some serious policy examinations within the USA (in my view).

Wish I could have heard Jeff too. I know he blessed those who heard him.

It occured to me to ask if the "U" stands for "Underwood?" While at IBC I had a teacher named "David Underwood" and he was an elder for a long time too. Since you have roots in Florence, I thought I would ask if there was a connection?

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
http://stoned-campbelldisciple.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger David U said...

Bobby, yep.....it's me, it's me, it's Earnest T. That "Other" David is my dad.

Small world, huh?

DU

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Amazing! David is a good man though I have not seen him in a long time. My dad used to work on his car. We even played ping pong a few times . . . and he beat me! We went on at least one mission trip and possibly two (I will have to download that memory file).

Perhaps one day our paths will cross too.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home