Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's Official

Well, it's official...................I'm gonna be a father-in-law! YEA! Luke got engaged Monday night to Juliana Stevens of Little Rock. Jan and I have known Juliana's parents Steve and Kathy for several years, and we are just tickled to death about the upcoming wedding! The celebration will be on May the 12th in Little Rock. Please keep both families in your prayers. Rumor has it that a kin-folk of Juliana's family will be conducting the wedding. If it is true, I will identify this fairly well known minister at a later date. Stay tuned.

-------------------------------------

I am currently reading Larry Crabb's book, "The Papa Prayer". Lee Fouts had been trying to get me to read a Crabb book for the longest, but Andrew Baker brought this to me and said I had to read it. I'm glad he did. It is VERY rich, and I would highly recommend this book to all of you. Well, unless you are satisfied with your prayer life...........you folks are exempt. And you need to seek out the books on "lying".

Speaking of books, the previous two books I read before this one, "Beloved" and "Gilead", were both Pulitzer prize winning books. They were BOTH a big disappointment.......especially "Beloved". I paid one cent for it off of Amazon, and I feel I may have got ripped off. I am staying away from those award winning books for awhile. The New York Times labeled "Beloved" as the #1 book of the past 25 years. No shock there, huh?

----------------------------------------

Headed to Colorado on Saturday, and I will be there for the better part of next week. Looking forward to seeing and being in the Rockies again! It's easy to fall in love with Colorado. Colorado should have the least number of atheist in the US living there, with God's majesty all around. Anywho, I probably won't be bloggin for a week or so. I will miss reading all the wonderful posts that bless me every week. I am thankful I can go back and read them later.

--------------------------------------

My sweet Mom that many of you prayed for a year ago when she fell and fractured a vertebrae in her back turns 75 tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! We 3 kids love you VERY much and wouldn't swap you for ANY mom in the whole world! If you see Mom, give her a birthday hug.

-------------------------------------

Headed to Memphis tomorrow night for Matt's first football game......and I CAN'T WAIT! :) GO LIONS! Ain't football wonderful?

7 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Happy Birthday Moma U!!

LOVE football!!

Have a great week!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Congratulations! I hope all the wedding plans are as painless and conflict-free as possible. ;-)

 
At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David I guess I am just thick headed but I don't understand what you are saying, unless it is if we say we trust God to understand our groanings and mumblings from our heart instead of our mouth running on and on, we are liars.

"Well, unless you are satisfied with your prayer life...........you folks are exempt. And you need to seek out the books on "lying".

I am totaly satisfied with My God for he said he knew what we needed before we asked. If your prayer needs a little editing we have an editor. may God Bless

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

Laymond, I don't think you understand David's comment. I did and thought it hilarious -- and true.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger David U said...

Laymond, I didn't mean to impune or offend anyone. I just don't know too many people who are ok with the depth of their prayer life. If you are, then more power to you brother! I hope I get there someday too.

God bless,
DU

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Keith said...

I definitely need the book on prayer, the prayer of Jabez, the Lords prayer and anything else that will draw me closer to HIM.
CONGRATS LUKE. Luke is one of the happiest guys I know. I wish him and his new bride well. Aspen...California..."What was that John Denver dude thinking? I thought the Rockies...you know the rest. Have a great week. Happy Birthday Mamma Underwood.
Hogs 24-USC 14.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother David; I neither feel impuned nor offended. I was only surprized to hear one of your standing and background say after talking to God they came away dissatisfied. After the suffering Jesus went through in order for me to be able to talk directly to God my creator I feel fully satisfied after a session with me laying my problems at his feet. and knowing he will do something about them, even if it is only making me feel more at ease with the problems I have. I to pray you will someday know the joy of knowing your prayers will, by his will be answered. May God bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home