Friday, September 01, 2006

Another Engagement

Matt popped the question last Saturday, and Liz Lee said yes............so we had two boys get engaged in the same week! Yeah, it's been a great week on all accounts. Jan and I couldn't feel more blessed. We are proud of the choices both son's made, and can't wait to have both of these sweet Christian young ladies as a daughter-in-law. There is rejoicing in the Underwood home!

---------------------------------------

Colorado was............well, it was Colorado. Need I say more? Monday morning it was in the high 50's in Colorado Springs, and the drive to Salida was just unbelievable. So was the drive from Salida back to Denver over the front range. Just like everywhere else, the Harding folks in Colorado are a HUGE encouragement to me! Going back next Spring can't come soon enough.

--------------------------------------

Headed to Memphis again tonight for the Lion's second game, then on to Alabama in the morning to watch the first Bama game on TV with my bed-ridden dad. Matt and Liz are coming too, so we are looking forward to a super holiday weekend! Everyone please travel safe! The airports were already CRAZY yesterday. ROLL TIDE!

-------------------------------------

Speaking of airports, I have one observations to make. Remember how airports used to be kinda quiet............kinda like the library almost, except for the public announcements? People used to sit quiet and read to themselves. NOT ANY MORE! Welcome to the age of EVERYBODY talking on a cell-phone! Airports are LOUD places now because everybody is talking....loudly......constantly. Thank goodness the FAA has outlawed cell-phone use during flights. I think that would be more than I could take.
It creates in me a desire for solitude. Peace. Quietness. Muzzles.
You folks that travel by air a lot........are you with me on this one?

Santa may be bringing me some head-phones for Christmas!

6 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santa's gonna have to bring them, because you won't be able to afford it, with TWO weddings in the spring! :) CONGRATULATIONS! May God bless your wedding plans, and may the coming months be a time of joy and celebration, of family, and the tie that binds, Jesus Christ, in the midst of all of the potential stress and chaos.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Safe travels to Bama, buddy. Give Matt and Liz a big hug for me. Good luck against Hawaii! I'll bet the "Volcano's" will be tough, huh.
Hope you and your Dad have a good time together.
Go Hogs
p.s. You'll have time for solitude during the Hog-Bama game in a few weeks. You'll wish you slept through it! Hogs 27-Bama-14

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Double congrats!

And I hope Santa brings some people - whether in airports or not - a nice set of manners to use with their cell phones.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

While the cell phones are annoying, it is the constant public announcements over the loudspeakers along with CNN blaring from TV sets every two gates that get on my nerves.

My solution? Wear a T-shirt that says, "Can I Tell You About Jesus?" NOBODY sits close to you.

And Bose noise cancellation headphones.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

Congrats on all the upcoming weddings! I rejoice with your family!

LOL Patrick--what a great idea.
I'm with you DU--I am so thankful people can't talk on their phones during the flight--I hope they never change that!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

tiffany and co outlet
adidas nmd online
longchamp le pliage
longchamp handbags
tiffany and co jewellery
hermes belts for men
michael kors factory outlet
longchamp outlet
adidas superstar shoes
adidas tubular
gg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home