Sunday, February 13, 2005

Motives

I really can't tell you why I have this on my mind.......maybe I have some inner battle going on that is haunting me. Maybe Phillip Yancey's book is leading me in this direction. Maybe I have it on my mind after having been to an assembly for praise and worship this morning.....a very positive one I may add. Maybe it was something Craig, Bobby or Monte said in their class dealing with the Psalms this morning. Maybe something I have read in the Blog community got me going here. Maybe it was something Patrick or Rich said last week at OCU. I confess I don't know. All I know is that it has been on mind today, and so I want to share it with you.

It's an excerpt from T.S. Eliot's "Murder In The Cathedral".

"THE LAST TEMPTATION IS THE GREATEST TREASON: TO DO THE RIGHT DEED FOR THE WRONG REASON".

Ok I know it's not scripture, but scripture teaches us the same principle or truth.
Yes, of course I have done it. Maybe that is why I have it on my mind.....to help guard me from doing it again, and again, and again.

Thanks for allowing me to share.

4 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

I struggle with this daily--the area I fight it the most is whether I am doing things to make me look good to make God look good.
JB

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Fajita said...

Thanks for Eliot's words. It summarizes one of top fears. I'm a chronic self-doubter for this reason.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Donna G said...

This is a struggle of mine as well. Sometimes I just don't WANT to do the right thing! I just have to pray that God will keep molding me.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci, pandora charms, louboutin, ugg, baseball bats, moncler, canada goose, parajumpers, lancel, canada goose, wedding dresses, links of london, rolex watches, moncler, air max, ugg, moncler, toms shoes, hollister, pandora jewelry, moncler, oakley, ralph lauren, pandora charms, swarovski, ray ban, moncler outlet, converse, swarovski crystal, converse shoes, hollister, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, hollister clothing store, supra shoes, karen millen, juicy couture outlet, air max, moncler, vans, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, moncler, coach outlet store online

 

Post a Comment

<< Home