Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas 2006

I don't see me posting again before Christmas, so MERRY CHRISTMAS to all who stumble across this blog from time to time. Christmas time is wonderful, isn't it? My favorite part of Christmas is being together with family........and I like seeing folks open the presents I have given them. Does the commercialization of Christmas get me down? Yeah, some. I think I have noticed a swing back to the real focus of Christmas the past few years, or maybe it's just something I have observed in myself. We will have TWO Christmas eve services at Downtown this year, and I can't wait! Tim Curtis does an outstanding job with this service, and lots of people from the community that don't have anything to do with Downtown come to these. For the second year in a row, the Assembly of God church here in town has had an INCREDIBLE nativity scene. It's like something out of Hollywood or Broadway. They even had a live camel!
So yeah, I see a swing back to the real reason for the Season.

I just got thru reading Elie Wiesel's "Night" where he recalls being in the concentration camps as a young boy during the Holocaust. I have a lot to be thankful for! Also my brother and sister-in-law, Jimmy and Andee Cone, and their son Alex are stuck in the Denver airport with 5,000 other stressed people trying to get home for Christmas! So, yes.......I have a LOT of blessings this Christmas. My boys will be home for the last time without families of their own, so this will be a very special Christmas for Jan and I. I think of Corky Berry's family, Dr. Joe Pryor's family, the Walt Burch family, the Tom Formby family, and so many more that I know I am leaving off that have lost a loved one this year, and how Christmas must be for them. I think of my nephew, Andy Dorfmueller, in Iraq.........and all the other families who are missing loved ones because of the war. I think of what people are going thru in the Darfur region of Sudan, and other surrounding countries. Yes, I feel blessed.


Again, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you. I love my blog community!

Thank you God for sending our Savior, Jesus the Christ, so we could be with you in Heaven for Eternity. "I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today, in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."

For all the people. For ALL the people!

10 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Merry Christmas David...we love you too.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Laymond said...

Have a Merry Christmas, and a happy and prosperous year ahead. from Texas to our neighbors in Arkansas.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

Have a Merry Christmas, David.

JW

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Keith said...

It goes without saying dude...but I'll say it anyway; I couldn't have gotten through this year without ya. Hug Jan for me. Love ya bro.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Mike the Eyeguy said...

Roll Yuletide, Roll!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Terry Rush said...

David,

Thanks for encouraging so many of us when ones such as me return nearly nothing. Your words cheer the lot of us on...they surely make a difference.

Blessings to you and yours!

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved going through the Assembly of God's Living Nativity for the second year in a row. It's fabulous!
I wonder when the Beatles will come out with a Christmas album? Maybe the same time Osama bin Laden does...or Dennis Gillam...or Dennis Munch.

Merry Christmas!

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

Night is truly profound. I used that story in a blog recently called "Dark Night of the Soul." Moving is not an adequate word.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Bill Williams said...

May your knowledge and experience of the riches of God’s grace, abundantly lavished on us through the gift of His Son as our Savior and King, warm your souls and brighten your days through this holiday season. Merry Christmas! -bill

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.7.20
chrome hearts
coach outlet
nike huarache femme
salomom shoes
air max 90
off white
ed hardy clothing
coach factory outlet
ralph lauren uk
pandora jewelry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home