Sunday, November 12, 2006

Victimitis

Remember the player you always hated to join your pick-up basketball games? You remember him, don't you? He was the one that would wait to see if his shot went in, and then if it didn't, you could count on him hollering "FOUL"! Never failed. If the shot went in, not a peep. And most of the time he was the same guy that NEVER fouled anybody........EVER. Right? It just took the fun out of the game, and everybody hoped the game would finish quick and maybe he would wonder off to another court in the gym. What brings that up, you may ask. Well, it's been almost a week, and I haven't even heard a faint WHISPER about voter irregularities........people being unable to vote.......how the disenfranchised were treated different than everybody else......voter fraud........machine tampering..........on and on. Not a peep. Hmmm, how does that work? That's ALL we heard for several weeks after the last two elections. Where are all the outcries from Al, Jesse, and Ted? I guess none of those bad things happened this time. Funny how that works, isn't it? Maybe people are victims in SOME elections, and not in others. Or maybe it's hard to play the victim when you are on the winning side. Too bad they won't move on.org to another court after this game is over. This particular game never ends.

---------------------------------------

My Tide played with a lot of heart, but got beat by a better team Sat. Night. The LSU Tigers are good.........really good. By far the best team we have played this year. The only thing that made the day easier was seeing the Vols AND the Tigers from Auburn go down. Congrats to the Hogs and Bulldogs. Matt and I may go to the Iron Bowl this weekend! That would be really cool. Even more cool if Bama could end the season with a win.

------------------------------------

Cat Stevens, now Yusuf Islam, is coming out with his first CD since the 70's. I think they will be in stores on Tuesday. Go to Amazon and check it out. The title of the CD is "An Other Cup".
I will be playing it by this weekend. And no, he is not an Islamic Terrorist. Quite the opposite, thank you! Are there any other Cat fans out there?

16 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also found it interesting that there was no whining about voting irregularities, voter fraud, etc. I guess conservatives just take their medicine and move forward.

The Iron Bowl should be good (Roll Tide!). But the Big Game is Michigan vs. Ohio State! It's the National Championship Game (or at least, it should be). Go Blue!!!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Laymond said...

David success is great, I am not talking of we democrats winning, although things will change for the better. I was referring to the seven billion tax dollars spent on cleaning up voter fraud. I guess it worked. You are right nobody likes a whinner, whether they come right out and whine or they simply say "did you see that" trying to coax others to whine.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David I truly hope you did not take joy in seeing my LONGHORNS being eliminated from the title run. please don't take this as democratic whinning, but we did loose our quaterback, I believe it would have turned out differently if we hadn't.
GO HAWGS
L.E.Meredith

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Donna G said...

The Tide did do us proud...they had a good showing, and I am with you on the things that made the loss more palatable...

I used to like Cat Stevens...but I didn't know he was still around....I might check it out!

Roll Tide!!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Keith said...

The dominos are falling and the Hogs are rising. I can't believe they actually have an outside shot at being in the championship game. Hope you and Matt get to attend the Iron Bowl. Speaking of Matt. It was a priviledge to get to watch him coach in Memphis friday night. I was touched by the way he consoled his seniors after the game. He's a winner in the bigger game of life and on the football field. I love him. Look out Shula. Good angle on the post election fallout. Nice and quiet, huh.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Steve Puckett said...

Not a Cat fan, but definitely at Crimson Tide fan! Hard times are ours, but good times would be beating Auburn. I loved my visit to Tuscaloosa last year to see the Tide rip on the gators. Hope to return next season to see a game.

Peace.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

I live in Michigan but teach a few courses a year at OSU so I'm laying low this weekend. It's a win/win, lose/lose for me. As for Cat Stevens, I loved his old stuff but he has spouted radical anti-West stuff several times over the last couple of decades. I'm not sure I trust him, yet.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm being followed by a...Peace train sounding louder...whoa, baby, it's a wild world...morning has broken..."oh, yeah, they call him the streak...hold it, is that the one they call "the Cat?"

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I happened to be in T-Town last weekend for a family gathering. We took the kids by the stadium and showed them the nice new mall area in front with all the statues. By the Bear statue, someone had placed an 8oz bottle of Coke and a small bag of Golden Flake potato chips. That made even this Auburn Fan smile. I have a picture of it, if I have time I'll post it before the game.

War Eagle!

 
At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found you!

God bless
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Steve said...

The pic of bear is up on my blog.

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/denominations

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Without the two turn overs inside the 10 and two missed field goals I believe Bama could have beaten LSU.

I initially thought LSU was going to blow us out of the water but that did not happen. I was proud of Shula for making some gutsy calls.

Next year perhaps the line will block AND offer pass protection. Hall, Brown AND Tyrone Protho (?) will be back. Could be a banner year.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Laymond said...

David - you asked for it you got it-Senate hearings on Nov-16th- on voter fraud and intimidation-Senator Arlen Specter Chairman.
questioning assistant attorney Gen. for civil rights-Wan Kim
seen on C-Span-2.
pretty rough said some one should go to jail. so even though we Democrats won we are still having problems with Rebublicans trying to cheat and intemidate voters.
especially minority voters.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger David U said...

L.E. Give me a break. ONLY Republicans are guilty? You need to quit sipping the Kool-Aid. They ALL are guilty, and it was ominously quiet this time when the Dems won. Let them lose again, and see how quiet they are.

DU

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Laymond said...

David - I'am just the messenger just telling what the Senate hearing was saying. But since you mentioned us loosing again, that won't happen for another forty years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home