Sunday, November 05, 2006

Jan's Birthday and Hitting the Road

Today is my bride's birthday. I won't tell you how many for fear of her burning me at the stake!
But she looks like she is around 32 or so, and I think she would be pleased if you thought that was her current age. Speaking of 32..............32 years ago today I took her to Pizza Hut on Race Street for her b-day. There weren't all that many places to choose from back then. Time flies when you are having fun.

------------------------------------------

I hit the road tomorrow, headed to Central and South-Central Oklahoma. Seems like most of the time I head over there, bad weather follows me. Is it too early to snow? :) I am looking forward to seeing all the special folks I get to spend time with. There is something special about folks from Oklahoma! :)

------------------------------------------

This bloggin community is very unpredictable. Some of the posts that I think are pretty lame get a lot of comments, and sometimes the ones I think will stir up some reaction and comments don't hardly get a word. I really thought the "I AM God" post would generate more comments, but I was evidently wrong. Many of you may have never seen that movie. Or maybe my analogy wasn't all that good. Anyway, I will keep trying!

-----------------------------------------

The SEC is crazy, huh? Congrats to Sly Croom and Miss. State for their big win at Tuscaloosa yesterday. I hate for the Tide to lose, but if they ARE going to lose to somebody, I wish it could be Coach Croom every time. I love the guy, and I hope the folks in Starkville will give him some more time. As for Shula...........he better produce next year or he will be gone. Alabama fans are not as patient as some other schools, and one season of mediocrity is all they will abide. Kentucky beats Georgia. Florida barely beats Vandy. LSU goes INTO Knoxville and comes away with a big win. The Hogs keep escaping defeat. It's gonna be an exciting finish, isn't it?!?!?! I predict Florida and Auburn playing in the SEC championship game. Boy, going out on limb there huh..............seeing as to how Florida is already there! :)

----------------------------------------

The famous Greg Kendall-Ball was here in Searcy this weekend. It was good to worship with him this morning at Downtown. Come back more often GKB, especially if it means getting to see Sara again!

4 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

Happy Birthday Jan!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Keith said...

You married up big-time dude. She's a gem. Of course you could have married Jezebel and it would have....kidding. Happy Birthday, Mrs Jan. The Hogs didn't escape looser. There were in complete control of the game. We are destined this year. Florida vs Ark on Dec.2 in Hotlanta. Be safe in Boomer Sooner country...

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Happy Birthday Jan...

sometimes lack of comments just means blogger is being ornery...but in this case I haven't seen the movie.


ROLL TIDE!!
We will be BACK! and I hope the very dapper Coach Shula is with us!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

Didn't see the movie! I might not comment, but I do check in from time to time. Safe journey. I'm off to Indy and then to Florida. No snow for me. I'll let you be the snowman this time around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home