Sunday, November 26, 2006

Michael Richards, Holidays, and Terry Rush

Good comedy is always funny, and sometimes full of wisdom. Jay Leno was commenting on the Michael Richards fiasco the other night on his show, and mentioned that Richards was going to have the obligatory visit with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Then he asked a funny but penetrating question............"who do folks go visit after they insult white people?" He suggested maybe Ronnie Howard, seeing as to how white he is and how good a guy he is. You and I both know the truth is that it's politically ok to insult white folks.

---------------------------------------

Thanksgiving was wonderful, mostly because it meant time with family. All of my family, except one, got together in Florence, Alabama. My nephew, Andy Dorfmuller, is in Iraq. We were sad he was not able to be with us, but the rest of us sure had a good time eating and visiting. My dad seems to be holding his own these days, which we are thankful for. Yesterday, the Lawyer clan got together at the Cone lake house. Jimmy and Andee are gracious host, and we had a great afternoon and evening together. Grand-daddy Virgil is recovering from his surgery very nicely. Patrick and Lauren were even there from California! YIPPEE!! Wasn't the weather this whole weekend just amazing? Liz, we missed having you with us yesterday! Juliana, welcome to the crazy world of extended families! Can Christmas REALLY be less than a month away?

-------------------------------------

Terry Rush has a very wise letter he received several years ago posted on his blog. Go read it when you get a chance. You probably will want to bookmark Terry's blog. I know I have.

http://terryrush.blogspot.com/

--------------------------------------

The LSU vs Arkansas game sure was an exciting one, wasn't it? Goodness. I thought I was watching a track meet. This is just one guy's opinion (no offense Gator fans) but I believe THAT was the SEC Championship game. LSU needs to get a BCS bowl bid for sure.
Right Mickey? :) We are all excited around here tonight, in that Tank dresses out for his first real NFL game with the Eagles! I am going to be glued to my TV set. Watch for #50! Now if we can just get Jeb well again!

6 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Laymond said...

David I am glad you had a great time.
You said "Good comedy is always funny" The vile sorry racest things Michael Richards said were not funny.
I can't answer the question "who do folks go visit after they insult white people?"
But I do remember a time in Arkansas if a black person were to insult a white person someone would come to visit them. KKK

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger David U said...

L.E., I wasn't alluding to Richards when I said "good comedy". I was alluding to Leno. Sorry for the miscommunication. What Richards vented could never be classified as "good" or "comedy".

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Nancy French said...

LOL Ron Howard??

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

I too was in Florence, AL this past week .... for the first time in over 2 yrs ... got back this morning about 1 am in fact. I attended the funeral of my long time friend Clay Parkinson (attended Darby Dr for years), saw Alvin Austin and Melvin Whitlock (both IBC alums) ... even made it through Cloverdale on Thursday to show my girls where I used to live.

There was much to be thankful for.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Mark said...

That Richards fiasco was really awful. It does seem that middle age white guys are the only ones people are allowed to make fun of any more. Homer Simpson has effectively paved the way for that. (Doh!)

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Well the rule is that no more than 2 schools from any one conference may play in a BCS bowl. That would be Florida and Arkansas...unless Arkansas has a meltdown in the SEC championship...aint gonna happen. Sorry about Shula dude. Spurrier is fixing to take the reins and will bring your program back to national prominence. I will enjoy watching us beat him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home