Friday, November 17, 2006

The Iron Bowl and other Ramblings

Matt and I are SO there! Yep, that's right.................he got us passes for the Iron Bowl. Bama vs Auburn 2006. That is probably not exciting to you folks outside of the state of Alabama, but for us folks from within, it's HUGE! Mike Shula can earn a LOT of redemption by winning this game. If he loses, it might be the last straw. I hope they give him a little more time, considering the condition the program was in when he arrived. It was pretty much rock bottom, and in his third season the team won 10 games. They could still win 8 this year.
Anyway, needless to say, I am PUMPED!!! Seeing the game is just the icing on the cake........being with Matt is the cake. I wish Luke was getting to go with us also, but he is having to work. Plus, he came out of the closet this season and declared himself a Razorback fan. What is a daddy to do? :) I still hold out hope that he will see the light one day and come back. He's young and distracted by love...........he'll come to his senses soon enough! :) ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

-----------------------------------------------------

Those of you who know my father-in-law, Virgil Lawyer, will be glad to know he came thru surgery fine and dandy this week. He needed a clogged artery to be unclogged, and the procedure went without a hitch. He'll be as good as new in a week or so, but he is already back home. Grandmamma' cooking is good for what ale's a body!

-----------------------------------------------------

We have a Community Wide Thanksgiving Service this Sunday night at 5:00 at the Methodist Church in downtown Searcy. I am really excited about being together with everybody again. We have had several of these gatherings over the years. Each time I have been blessed to the max by worshiping with these brothers and sisters in the Lord. I hope all you Searcy folks will plan on attending. I wonder if the word is out amongst our congregations? I know Downtown has announced it. How about your church?

--------------------------------------------------

The situation in the Darfur region of Sudan continues to decline. This is going to be another Rwanda unless the world wakes up and demands for it to stop. I know it is not politically correct to say anything anti-Arab.........but somebody needs to stop them from targeting and killing innocent civilians. Rwanda was tribal genocide........... in the Sudan, it is religious AND tribal genocide. Maybe the new leadership in the Senate and House can get it on the front burner.

--------------------------------------------------

If I don't blog next week, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you! I hope you have a wonderful time with your families next week. Thanksgiving is just about my favorite holiday. God bless you all!

2 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too...

and of course ROLL TIDE!!!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. Enjoy time with your family. Don't stay away from your blog too long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home