Friday, November 11, 2005

Discipline

One observation I have made in my travels lately......NOBODY seems to have control of their kids anymore! Maybe it's because I am just seeing the affluent kids who's parents can afford to travel. I heard more screaming on this trip than I had heard for the previous ten years. It's ridiculous! I know this is not politically correct, but there are some butts out there that need to feel a belt or switch. Little kids don't obey out of love at first......they haven't been around long enough to love that much! Truth is, they obey out of fear in the beginning. And if there is nothing to fear, they do what comes natural.......scream, cry, throw a fit, what have you. Remember that time on Andy Griffith when Opie had seen another kid act up, so he started throwing fits with Andy? Go get it if you haven't. Where are those writers today in Hollywood?

------------------------

Headed to watch Matt's team play in the first round of the playoffs in Memphis tonight, and then on to Florence tomorrow to watch the Bama vs. LSU game with Dad. Nobody is giving Bama a chance. I hope they prove everybody wrong.

-----------------------

What are your top 5 albums of all time? I will disclose mine later.

Hope everybody has a WONDERFUL weekend! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

4 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Kansas- Dust in the Wind
Springsteen- Born in the USA
Eagles - When Hell Freezes Over
Three Dog Night- The best of Three Dog Night
Journey- Greatest Hits


I am truly a child of the 70's!!!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Among the many ponderings of the comedian Gallagher, one of my favorites is "Why do some parents wait until Sunday afternoon at K-Mart to teach their kids discipline?"

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

I was at a play last night with MY kids, when the woman beside me pulled out a practical PICNIC for her brood. THEY WERE so loud that everyone around her heard all of their inner most thoughts. We heard them crunching their food and sipping on juices. AT A PLAY!!

So, people raise kids that are just as obnoxious as the parents.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Neal said...

Being a young dad with two little girls, I'm sad to see so few parents who understand discipline. I agree with you David, some kids need a good old-fashioned swat. I'd be happy to provide the belt. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home