Friday, September 30, 2005

Random thoughts at the close of September

Been on the road again this week...sheesh. Maybe I will get to posting some real thoughts next week. My brother and I went to see the Cardinals lose to the Astros.
Last year when I saw the Cards lose (to the Pirates) they went on a tear afterwards and won like 15 out of 17.............here's to hoping it happens again with the play-offs around the corner. Still can't believe that they are tearing down Busch.

-----------------------------

It is worth commenting on folk's blogs JUST to see the crazy word they make you spell! :) It's like something out of a Dr. Seuss book. Don't you wish his books were still coming out? Speaking of books, yesterday I got the latest Donald Miller book and I plan on inhaling it next week. If it is half as good as his others, it will be a blessing to read.

----------------------------

My ex-neighbor, school-mate, team-mate, club brother, and Tide follower Frank Mills is leaving me for God's country! :) But, I understand and wish he and Summer the best at Darby Drive in Florence. I know he will be a TREMENDOUS blessing to those folks. I will miss you, my PREACHER!

---------------------------

Kudos to Howard Norton, Andrew Baker and anybody else that had anything to do with the HU Lectureship this year. The key-notes were AWESOME! I was blessed each time I heard one of the speakers. The best line from the week.....in my opinion.....was when Buddy Bell asked why we continue to insist on calling dead churches "sound".......just call them what they are, DEAD! It was refreshing to even hear some "AMENS" when he expressed those thoughts.

---------------------------

Gotta say it.......my TIDE is looking good so far! Hope I don't jinx em! I hope they eat some Gator tomorrow. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

--------------------------

I never get tired of reading the Gospels.......how about you? I can't get enough of Jesus. What a savior!!

8 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Roll Tide!! 31-3...but man that was an ugly break on Protho. I had tears in my eyes!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

...and more importantly, I love the Gospels as well. The words and the deeds of Jesus are amazing, I never tire of hearing them.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger David U said...

Donna, yeah....I was glad I didn't jinx em. And a LOT of the significance of the great win was diminished when Protho got hurt....especially because he has lost his whole season now. Oh well, I know he will recover and come back strong next year.

ROLL TIDE,
DU

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

God's country? Your friend is going to Scotland???

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Laura told me that in Frank's powerpoint presentation Sunday morning, somehow, someway, a slide of an elephant with the words "Roll Tide" appeared on the screen with Frank commenting sheepishly,"How'd that get in there?" Frank and Summer will be missed. They were a blessing for too short a time, but they will continue to bless others back in Georgia. Protho looked like "Rubberman" on the replay. "OUCH!" I'm high on Joe Kines. Wish he was still at Ark.
Later, KR

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

Actually, if you've been so busy and are looking for a fresh start... think of it as the beginning of the new Jewish year instead of the end of September. Even more opportunities to break resolutions...

Nancy :)

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

DU...
That little thing we've been talking about? Well, it's getting closer.

Check it out.

Oh, and when the Vols come to town, your little elephants are gonna get whooped, just like the little kitty cats in Baton Rouge! Rocky Top!!!

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nfl jerseys, ugg pas cher, mont blanc, nike huarache, vans shoes, ghd, asics running shoes, north face outlet, valentino shoes, canada goose, chi flat iron, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, p90x, instyler, canada goose uk, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, canada goose, nike roshe run, north face jackets, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, hollister, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, ugg boots, herve leger, abercrombie and fitch, rolex watches, marc jacobs, beats by dre, ugg boots, mcm handbags, birkin bag, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, uggs outlet, soccer shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home