Saturday, August 20, 2005

Sargeant Schultz and Ann Coulter

Well for 24 hours now I have been Sargeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes. That won't mean anything to lots of you. Wait, that is assuming there are lots of you out there reading this. My bad. Surely some of you remember Schultz's favortie saying: "I see nut-ting, I hear nut-ting, I know nut-ting!"

Regarding Ann Coulter, here is my take and advice to those who are Harding Alums and friends of Harding. If you are supportive of her coming, let that be known........with a Christ-like spirit. If you are not supportive of her coming, let that be known........again, with a Christ-like spirit. Your opinions and insights and wisdom are appreciated and valued! They DO carry weight, and they DO have influence. So express your thoughts with anybody and everybody.....just do it in a way that brings Glory to the Father.

Pray. And then pray some more.

God is in control. And again like Martha in John 11, we stand back and in essence say with her "I don't understand everything, but I believe in YOU."

11 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Fajita said...

Hey Schultz, I am going to be in Searcy On Monday. Meet for coffee (Dr. Pepper) at 1:30?

Chris Gonzalez

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger David U said...

Chris, wouldn't you know it.....I am going to be on the road! :(
I bet Don Eudaly or Dirk Smith would love to visit with you. Holler at either one of them on Monday. Mike Williams also.

Thanks for trying, and let's do it the next time you are in town.

God bless,
DU

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read a lot of comments on other blogs relating to your subject today. I appreciate your encouragement to state opinion while seeing the big picture, which is, how we treat each other is incomparatively more important than our opinions...and even more important than our institutions.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

Amen, CJ! There is WAY too much hate on the left and right alike. The advice I give my son? "Never attack. Never defend. Merely speak the truth in love." I know, I know, I stole a bit of that from Paul...

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I certainly remember Sgt. Schultz. When I was a student at Harding, I would rush back to my room after class so that I could catch "Hogan's Heroes" before lunch.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Good advice. Be safe on the road.
KR

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Curious Servant said...

Just a note before I move on:

I spent a little time this morn reading through your posts. Thank you for your sharing.

God Bless.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Hello! Sg Schultz was my favorite!! I know NOTHING, NOTHING!

How many tunnels could one Stalag have without imploding?

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Jonathan Storment said...

Hey David, I just ran across your blog. Interesting stuff, I don't think I have seen another person who was willing to post about female circumcision. How's life in Searcy?

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-7 xiaozhengm
Michael Kors Factory Outlet Online Official
celine bag
Abercrombie Short T-Shirts
michael kors outlet online
Designer Louis Vuitton Handbags Online
uggs on sale
Louis Vuitton Bags Original
michael kors handbags
Jordan Retro 13 Pink And Grey
Air Jordan Shoes For Women And Men
hermes bags
Jordan Retro 8 Playoffs
michael kors bags
Abercrombie and Co Stoves and Awnings
Red Bottom Shoes Christian Louboutin
Authentic Coach Factory Outlet Online
ugg boots on sale
Louis Vuitton Backpack Purse
ralph lauren
fitflops
Louis Vuitton Outlet Factory Online
hollister uk sale
louis vuitton outlet stores
Authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram Handbag
Michael Kors Outlet Online USA Stores
louis vuitton handbags
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
Air Jordan 4 Green Glow
true religion outlet
Louis Vuitton Bags On Sale Cheap
Authentic Gucci Factory Outlet
cheap jerseys
Louis Vuitton Outlet High Quality
canada goose jackets
Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM Monogram
louis vuitton outlet stores

 

Post a Comment

<< Home