Thursday, July 28, 2005

YUCK!

Well, I feel like Greg Kendall-Ball........I'm telling you about a new computer. We got our desk tops taken away from us, and now I have a brand new HP laptop. Yeah, I HATE it. Like the dude said in "City Slickers"......"if hate were people, I would be China!" I feel like the folks in our fellowship that gripe and say "What's wrong with the old songs!" :) Change in computers is NOT what I signed up for today. But, this too shall pass and I will adjust. Such is life. I will give you two guesses which key I am hitting the most.......I hit it no less than 10 times during this ONE SENTENCE....yeah, the "backspace" key. The person who invented that key is a life-saver, huh?

Those of you who know my dad know of his health issues. I won't go into all that history right now, but I am going home today because he is in the hospital with an infection in his leg.....and mom needs help. Please keep him and my mom in your prayers.

I saw "A Few Good Men" for the umpteenth time last night on TNT. One line jumped out at me. At the end when Downey is saying "we didn't do anything wrong", Dawson responds by saying "yeah we did........we were supposed to take care of those who couldn't take care of themselves, and we didn't do that". Sounds a lot like Matthew 25 to me.

That is why I appreciate the Larry James and the Lowell Myers more and more everyday!
Their lives are ALL ABOUT helping those who can't help themselves.

See ya next week.

8 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

See I was expecting you to say the "...." key....

Anyway, hope you adjust quickly to your computer, and I will keep your Mom & Dad in my prayers.

I too love "A Few Good Men" and you are exactly right about that line and Matt 25. To me this is the most convicting chapter of the entire NT.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Plug a regular keyboard into the back of your laptop. Laptop keyboards are designed for munchkins.

Oh, and a mouse, too.

Whoever came up with trackpads should be forced to sign all of his/her correspondence with one.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you 100% on the laptops! That is absolutely ludicrous (in my humble opinion, for all THAT'S worth!)

My prayers are with your dad and mom and your entire family in their time of need. Let us know how he does and how things go.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

David,

You will adjust to the laptop. I can now type faster on my laptop than my desktop -- but I use my laptop A LOT! I'm still not crazy about the touchpad. I use a mouse whenever I'm in the office.

I also love the convenience of my laptop -- I can go to the local coffee shop and get lots of work done, check e-mail, etc. We take it on long trips and the kiddos can watch DVDs.

I am currently coveting an iBook.

Prayers sent for your mom and dad.

Jeff

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

A Few Good Men is one of my favorite movies. I love that quote. Sorry to hear about your computer woes :(

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

My prayers are with your father. As for your computer blues, I love my laptop. Two keys are now missing because, after four years on the road and one attack by a mad parrot, its best days are behind it. Come to think of it, so are mine.

Oh, and the worst placed key ever? The Caps Lock key. Insanity personified.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

houston texans jerseys
nike trainers uk
dolce and gabbana
ray ban sunglasses outlet
ralph lauren
ugg outlet
coach handbags
red valentino
asics shoes
christian louboutin outlet
2017.6.14

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

coach outlet store online
mlb jerseys
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet
toms shoes
louboutin shoes
fitflops shoes
rolex replica
ugg boots
2017.7.26

 

Post a Comment

<< Home