Monday, July 11, 2005

"I Believe in YOU" week

It was great to be on vacation for a week! YES, of course I missed reading the blogs while I was away. But I found out you can catch up on what you missed fairly easy. Being with my brother and his family is ALWAYS a blast! I wish I could see him and them more often. More importantly, having MY family (Jan, Matt, and Luke) all together for a few days is like Heaven to me. So it's been a blessed week.

It also has very much been an "I believe in YOU" week for us, and for many of you too. I don't understand how people can be so full of hate that they kill innocent people, especially children. "I believe in YOU". I don't understand how a gun can go off by accident and kill a wonderful mom and wife in Little Rock and leave an empty place in a family and faith community. "I believe in YOU". I don't know how a good friend hangs on to his fragile marriage....."I believe in YOU". I don't understand why hurricanes and tornadoes have to kill innocent lives. "I believe in YOU". Jan and I volunteered at the local Christian Health Ministry yesterday. It won't be the last time, because it was such a blessing. But you want to talk about your down and out, and people at their ropes end......literally. People that you can see written all over their faces and in their hopeless eyes.......that life is a drudgery and all hope has faded away a long time ago. I don't understand why it has to be this way for SO many people. "I believe in YOU".

Jesus said something to the effect of "when I am lifted up, I will draw all men to myself". I know he was talking in the context of the Resurrection here, but like so many other times, I think his words had more than one application. I for sure believe that if we lift Him up, HE will draw all people to himself and eternal life. That's why I can stand beside our sister Martha in the midst of all these things we don't understand and say "I believe in YOU!"

That keeps me going. How about you?

5 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Donna G said...

My faith always grows when I watch the power of our God! He blessed us by letting us dodge a major storm.., but even those who got hit must praise his name!

**If you do become a NASCAR fan (and you should) DO NOT pull for the #17 Ford. There are some really good guys you can pull for**

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

Welcome back, David. The answer has always been Jesus. It's so simple, yet so difficult to truly comprehend. Sometimes even He doesn't make sense, but He is always right. I'm a believer right there with you. JW

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

I am so thankful we have someone to believe in--who does have ALL the answers--what do people do that don't know HIM???
JB

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

It's a great comfort - and a great burden - when your heart hears God whisper back to you, "I believe in you, too."

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

Keith, you hit it on the head! To me, the most remarkable thing about faith is that God has faith in us. He left us this treasure in earthen vessels and He is showing incredible patience as we fumble our way through this world. Jesus ascended into heaven and left us here to be a reflection of Him. What faith!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home